ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Personal Reg.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Just bought today from DVLA

J16 ADD

My birthdays Janunary 16th. So the whole plates relevant. Well Chuffed. Bargain at £250. Present for my 21st of my mum & dad. Should have the plates on by Friday!!

320d M Sport

Alright Eric! Here we go again............. I got P44DYS, well happy, again £250 from Newreg.com

Paddy

Ad

MK2 FRS

There are definatley good plates to pick up for £250. Paddy yours is such a bargain!!! Didnt look on there.

Im pretty happy with my reg as it is on my 1994 L 16v. I like a local reg plate and my HOL suffix is a Vale of Glamorgan/Cardiff/Bridgend usual (even though the car was first registered at Renault London).

I dont want anything with my name in, but for future reference can I buy a banger for £10 with a plate I like and then transfer it for £80 to another car of mine? I quite fancy a plate from a pre-1963 car (ABC 123 format).

Cheers

I got V16 CUP number plate from DVLA for my cup a couple of months ago. But it cost £600. I could have got L2 CUP or L20 CUP. ( as in engine size) for £250, but I liked the V16 ( as in number of valves) better.

320d M Sport

Cheers guys, pretty good innit?!! You pay: £250 for plate, then £80 transfer fee, then vat, total was £350ish. Bargain i thought, plus youve got it for life then! Im sure i could sell that for loads more than i bought it for as well!

Paddy

LOL @ ND Hill, you took the words outta my mouth. May I now be known as:

M***CNJ

hmm I am just glad my last letter is not a T

Bill

What does anyone think of G8OAL (as a reg) - its nearest thing to GOAL i could find! is it me or is more like "G8 OAL" or GOAL ?

its to go on me 172

BMW 320d Sport

Well while were on the subject of plates, you lot can give me a hand. Im thinking of changing the plates over for my Clio Turbo once its on the road. So the choice is

L777 RBO (L T77RBO first 7 changed into a T)

L17 RBO (t17RBO black bolt head next to the L)

K70 RBO (K 7URBO yellow bolt head at the top of the O)

L77 RBO (L77RBO maybe make the 7s slightly upright and a bolt between them at the bottom)

Which looks the best? With the least messing about and bolt heads? Id rather have just illegal spacing rather than having to alter the shape of letters and use fake bolt heads.

GR7

Shiny red R32

gamesmasteruk

It doesnt really look like GOAL as it has an 8 in between!

Why dont you go for something like V 5OAL or V 6OAL (6 is a bit like a G) both are £399 from the DVLA.

Or also M 6OAL T 5OAL N 5OAL P 5OAL S 5OAL

M6 6OAL D1 6OAL R1 5OAL K1 6OAL G1 6OAL

G1 6OAL K1 6OAL T1 5OAL T1 6OAL (all these are £250)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Nick, what is the newest letter you can have on your car?

Is it an L reg? (hence all the Ls)!

BMW 320d Sport

Got a cracking reg sussed out...will post on here once Ive rung DVLA tomorrow morning and secured it...you never know what turbo drivers might be lurking around wanting to poach my plate! But it is none of the above anyway!

how much would you pay for the reg "A11 XRT" ??? its on an xr2 trubo which i will b buying in a few days and i was thinking of selling the registration to free up some cash. the xr2 is only a track day car so i dont really need/want the registration number.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 05 January 2003

Got a cracking reg sussed out...will post on here once Ive rung DVLA tomorrow morning and secured it...you never know what turbo drivers might be lurking around wanting to poach my plate! But it is none of the above anyway!

;)

last time i checked

BRY 4 N was up for sale @ £27200

BRYAN

something tells me that i wont be able to afford that plate

I was going to by N20 CUP and then sell it on..n20 chemical formula for nitrous..and well cup. Its only 300.

Might get C11 BHP..kinda the first 2 letters of clio and BHP is always a cool one.