ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol blue for sale on Facebook (if anyone is looking for one) NOT Mine

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
He's dropping its price by £250 per day, give it a week and it will be worth how much he payed for it.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Bit steep at 3 grand tho?

It's not a dog, but it's kinda rough and certainly no investment vehicle.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Just tot up what it needs and it quickly becomes a cheap car.

With the service items and paint it probably needs a £2k+ spending on it to make it worth £5000.

But that doesn’t mean it’s a £3000 car as someone’s gotta take the risk and spend the effort.

I’d go for £1500. At that price it’s probably worth fixing up, if you want a keeper. As in investment car, it’s worth even less as is.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I genuinely wouldn’t give you £500 quid for it. The only thing that makes it PF any interest is the colour and lets be honest. The paint is fucked. So after that it’s a 182 with no belts, no history and has clearly been treated poorly thoughout and even worse by our Mike Brewer wannabe.

I’d say now he’s dicked about with it and like a wally shouted from the rooftops at what a wally he is.
It’s probably worth less than he paid for it.
Absolute arsehat. 🤦🏽‍♂️

I’d give him £500 for it but it’d be as a beater until it dies.

It’s a tricky one for sure, as you rightly say the premium here would be for the paint but it’s screwed in that sense as it’d need a lot thrown at it. It’s just in no man’s land.

You either love or hate the colour but you sure as hell won’t be buying that example if you love the colour.

In that condition it’s colour is a moot point, in fact it could almost be a hindrance to the sale.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Thing is you buy it for £1500-2k you will need to spend at least 2k to make it clean and basically mechanically sound. Not to mention the likely cost of replacing worn suspension, bushes and let’s be fair probably a knackered gear box. Plus the likely £400 for a set of Turini’s. It will need a steering wheel retrim and probably a bolster repair. So let’s say to get it “nice” is probably £3k (likely more) at that point you have a straight looking clio with 127k, god knows how many owners and NO history....so is it really worth £5k then!? Petrol blue is rare yes, but it’s an acquired taste. That chap bought a mint Racing blue with recaros, Turnins, history, less miles and was mint for £5k. I can’t see where this car is going unless you have to have petrol blue. But if you are that particular you will probably be better
Waiting for ‘the’ right car!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Given he seems pretty desperate to sell I'm guessing he's bought it with an overdraft or something.

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
Thing is you buy it for £1500-2k you will need to spend at least 2k to make it clean and basically mechanically sound. Not to mention the likely cost of replacing worn suspension, bushes and let’s be fair probably a knackered gear box. Plus the likely £400 for a set of Turini’s. It will need a steering wheel retrim and probably a bolster repair. So let’s say to get it “nice” is probably £3k (likely more) at that point you have a straight looking clio with 127k, god knows how many owners and NO history....so is it really worth £5k then!? Petrol blue is rare yes, but it’s an acquired taste. That chap bought a mint Racing blue with recaros, Turnins, history, less miles and was mint for £5k. I can’t see where this car is going unless you have to have petrol blue. But if you are that particular you will probably be better
Waiting for ‘the’ right car!
Paint alone will cost more than £1500 and its probably rusting around the rear arches so that would cost a fortune to repair and the belts will need doing so it would cost around 2.5k to get into decent shape. I don't think the 127k mileage is much of a issue on most clios but this one has been abused all through it's life im imagining. Quite a shame really but its not worth saving in my opinion after seeing those deep scratches in the paintwork 😬

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Not really my point, I was trying to suggest that no matter what you spend on it. It will still not be a ‘top money’ collectors car. It has no history, likely stupid numbers of owners and is currently on 127k. We know a well maintained clio will do starship miles, but it won’t attract the market he was hoping to snag! An absolutely mint PB, with proper history and low mileage is a rare bit of kit. So you can see someone paying a premium for it.
I pointed out he needed to add a zero to his £150 quote. Basically got laughed at. Then some lad chipped in saying you didn’t need to blend petrol blue in! Obviously he worked in a body shop. 😂 my company paint more Renaults than anyone else, I know how much of a pig some of Renaults colours are to do a proper job you will be flicking in both flanks. Plus you can see from the photos the arches are rusting. It’s basically worse than my absolute s**t box

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
Not really my point, I was trying to suggest that no matter what you spend on it. It will still not be a ‘top money’ collectors car. It has no history, likely stupid numbers of owners and is currently on 127k. We know a well maintained clio will do starship miles, but it won’t attract the market he was hoping to snag! An absolutely mint PB, with proper history and low mileage is a rare bit of kit. So you can see someone paying a premium for it.
I pointed out he needed to add a zero to his £150 quote. Basically got laughed at. Then some lad chipped in saying you didn’t need to blend petrol blue in! Obviously he worked in a body shop. 😂 my company paint more Renaults than anyone else, I know how much of a pig some of Renaults colours are to do a proper job you will be flicking in both flanks. Plus you can see from the photos the arches are rusting. It’s basically worse than my absolute s**t box
Out of interest how much would it be to respray the front end (bumper, bonnet, wings) in petrol blue. Because I need mine doing but I have no clue how much it will cost.

Reactions: MLB

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
No idea mate, I don’t quote or get involved in that sort of thing nowadays. Just in some of the larger efficiency as an example new Renault 3 stage paints cause problems mainly because we don’t price it properly 😂. Interestingly I don’t get my work done at work...I get a local painter. Nothing to do with quality, just it’s easier as they are local. I Think the trouble you have is when painting the wings they may have to flick in down the side of the car . Personally I’d be budgeting a grand to do that nicely. But I would get to a reputable proper body shop rather than a back street job to price properly.

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Out of interest how much would it be to respray the front end (bumper, bonnet, wings) in petrol blue. Because I need mine doing but I have no clue how much it will cost.

I recently had the front bumper, rear bumper and bonnet resprayed on my Trophy. Cost me £1k for that (was to a good standard).

Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Seen that in your thread, looks spot on. Was that including blending into the wings?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
The Gumtree advert is the best

62C77417-CD6D-47A7-8CB6-6E4685414E83.png

eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clio-182-Petrol-Blue/383670866739?hash=item595490d333:g:KHkAAOSwtNBfMIr3

robbie514566

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, BMW 120i

I had my PB done a few years ago at £600 for front bumper, bonnet, wings, blend down the sides and inside the filler cap after I sorted the rust and that was for a decent job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Now down to £4k on Faceache. Dropped 20% of the price in a week!

To quote the seller previously
"Dont low ball me, i know what i have and i know what its worth" #Genius

Who knows though, he might have paid scrap price for it, then done basically nothing to it and he's now attracting lots of attention with people speculating how much its worth.

It might have only cost him 2k so if he sells for 3 he might look like a fool but still made a thousand pounds!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Who knows though, he might have paid scrap price for it, then done basically nothing to it and he's now attracting lots of attention with people speculating how much its worth.

It might have only cost him 2k so if he sells for 3 he might look like a fool but still made a thousand pounds!
But hes also made himself look like a royal windowsucking dribbly shitestick

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah but who in the right mind wants to own that f**king nail😂 Even if it was a gift you'd do that semi-smile like "oh wow its what I've always wanted"

But in actual reality you just wanted the f**king massive Toblerone and you're now stuck with a car