ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol blue - premium?

Inferno 182
29 made in petrol blue and only 21 with both cup packs such as this one
There is only one out there that also has the recaro seats

Golf GTD Mk7
it looks so much better in the flesh. Not too sure on them having a premium to be honest as most dealers won't have a clue about how rare they are. 6K sounds reasonable for any 182 with that spec really.

dk

911 GTS Cab
It used to be but they changed it to Petrol Blue.

Clearly with Acrtic and Racing, they didn't have enough blues.
indeed, they called it green (translated from the french colour name i think and the colour swab on a page) then when they saw the first one in the flesh, decided it didn't suit the name and looked like petrol in the sunlight, and as you say changed the name, think Jez told me that.

Its a marmite colour i think, definitely different, just a little dull unless its bright sunlight imo.

Vw Passat, clio 182
i really like the colour.
heres two from FCS08
petrolblue.gif

petrolblue2.gif

LY 200
^That is bloody awesome!

I love the LY and have always said if i owned another 182 it would either be another LY or RB but i dont think i would now! Thats looks immence! :approve:

Laguna 2, Westfield
29 made in petrol blue and only 21 with both cup packs such as this one
There is only one out there that also has the recaro seats

I looked at the one with Recaros as it was for sale in late 2007 with only 8k miles, it was a bit tatty so i didnt buy it.. it annoyed me abit as i wanted it lol

I have since seen it advertised without the Recaros seats in :-(

If its in good nick then buy it as its a good price and you wont find another for a while thats any good. The colour looks crap in pictures but up close it looks awesome.

Turbos.
I saw one once...years ago. To say the obvious, it looked like petrol and i loved the way the colour changed. Yes, as standard it looks a bit boring, but when the light hits it it looks really cool.

They must spend more time buffing than they do driving. Such a waste of engineering. It's like they choose black as a personal challenge.

Agree with you there dude, total waste of a car spending more time cleaning it than driving it.

Gave up trying to keep mine clean after Renault washed it with a nice dirty sponge, not that I spent much time cleaning it anyway.

Mini Cooper S sport
It's another one of those colours that just doesn't look the same in photos. I love the gold tinge in the sun. Needs to be seen in the metal to be appreciated and I'd love having a car that was so rare.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
RA182Lancs .. I had no idea you were taking pictures of me!

I love the colour, clean and in the sun, pictures cannot capture the range of colours it goes through. Blue Green Yellow, so many shades.

I could be tempted to sell mine.. for the right price ;)

1.5dci
... Colour matching is a b4stard though apparently...

oh no, brings back memories of my first car, dark aubergine ford fiesta, the paint was a two-tone type and when i finally got matching paint from the dealer and gave it to the garage to cover the wing repairs the colour they ended up was the other tone to the rest of the car at all times! the car = purple patches on the wings = green, wings = purple patches = green! Confused a RAC man too when i called him out it was bring sunlight and said the car was purple, before he arrive it went overcast and the car looked greenish brown, he drove past a few times before i started manically waving!