ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol light is coming on too soon!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Bit of a weird one but for some reason my light is coming on when Ive only used 8 gallons. The dial is usually off the red at this point yet when I fill up its obvious I've got 2 gallons left!

Any ideas?

John

ITB BG 182
depends if your tanking it as if i drive sensible it will take the needle right down before the light comes on but if i drive like an arse for a majority of the tank it will turn on before the needle gets anywhere near the bottom.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Its around 34mpg on the last tank and it was 8.3 gallons it had used. Just means i now flick to the trip that tells me what I've used. Not end of teh world stuff but just an irritant I'd like to sort.

ITB BG 182
I know what you mean but when the needle is down or when the light comes on i just stick another tank full in, least your using a majority of the tank before it appears.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Glad it's not just mine lol. It will light up, them go off, then light up, and go off. The other day it was off, i stuck £10 in there and it came on. I just ignore it tbh.

ITB BG 182
you need to do the petrol station lottery, keep going till you have to push the car to the pump almost.