ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol Shootout Test - Tesco 99 Is the Winner

PH1 172 Sport
^^ I worked out that over the course of a year its actually cheaper (slightly) to run on premium fuel as you tend to get more miles to a tank. Seems to me about 30-40 extra miles per tank.

Fuel near me is 117.9p for regular and 124.9 for V-Power.

Therefore say you were doing 35mpg over the course of a tank and got another 35miles out of that tank due to using premium fuel.

If you were using regular fuel it would mean using another gallon of fuel to get those 35 miles.

1 gallon = 4.54litres = £5.35 in regular fuel.

With premium being 7p more per litre and a clio tank holding 50 litres its costs £3.50 more to use premium fuel per tank over regular and by using premium you get extra mileage out of a tank!!

I know the above can vary allot between drivers and fuel costs but by using either fuel costs tend to stay around the same. But by using the recomended ron you know your engine is running how it should.