ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
I think I’m getting addicted to French cars.

Clio bought in September for a bit of fun. Now 205 GTI in January. Wanted one for a long time.

10c91046fad827b8ada1ad24f235c8c7.jpg

It will be part of a PC feature in the mag next month. I’ll post up the photo shoot pics when I get them through. Drive there and back was great fun. Great wee car. Bring on summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Difficult to tell from just that pic, but from what I can see, that looks a peach?!
Wrote that abut the first post, then saw further down you'd added some more pics!! Looks great! Love these!! Had a few of them, the last one was a K reg, Immaculate, low mileage, FSH in white, sold it for £2500 which was strong money at the time, god how I wished I had kept that!!
I've currently got a Clio 172 Cup and just picked up a Saxo VTS with 36k miles, they're a bit addictive these french hot hatches!!
Will watch this thread with interest, nice purchase.

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
The sorrento green and steel grey 205 gti's had green carpets, some had grey carpets, but most were red.....

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Had 3 of these back in my youth. Such a snappy throttle!

K reg? So it'll have a catalyst on that won't it? I had a white F reg, graphite G and black H reg (and very briefly a red H with a cracked head that got sent back)

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Had 3 of these back in my youth. Such a snappy throttle!

K reg? So it'll have a catalyst on that won't it? I had a white F reg, graphite G and black H reg (and very briefly a red H with a cracked head that got sent back)

It would have from factory. But at this age it’s not an MOT requirement. The petrol head fairies have removed it at some point.

I hear the cats on these take as much as 10 bhp off the car.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
It would have from factory. But at this age it’s not an MOT requirement. The petrol head fairies have removed it at some point.

I hear the cats on these take as much as 10 bhp off the car.

Yeah I remember back in the 90s that no one was keen on the J/K reg's cos of the cat. How the tables have turned! Last off the line must be worth a good few quid. Did they revise anything engine wise on the phase 2? MY H reg was definitely a better engine than the F or G reg - a lot less tappy

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
If it had a cat from the factory, isn't it now an mot requirement for it to be fitted, regardless of age.

I’m quite familiar with this ruling. Classic minis have the same arrangement with cats.

Anything pre August 1993 doesn’t need to pass the stricter emissions test. Cats weren’t mandatory. So if removed MOT tester will test the car based on the non cat test.

I think that’s right. Always a confusing one. In fact. You get a different answer every time you ask.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Cats aside - great looking car that. Did it cost you a fair bit then if don't mind me asking? Does yours have lift up reverse or in the '6th' position? think my phase 2 was without the lift up.
How's the rear beam? Got sick of trying to lower my 90s Pugs! Were all seized.

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Cats aside - great looking car that. Did it cost you a fair bit then if don't mind me asking? Does yours have lift up reverse or in the '6th' position? think my phase 2 was without the lift up.
How's the rear beam? Got sick of trying to lower my 90s Pugs! Were all seized.

It has reverse in the 6th position. Which I prefer.

There are a few jobs to do. The paint on top is near perfect and the engine is really sweet. Interior also in great condition. I like most of my cars really clean so I’m going to focus on the details. Get the underside as clean as the rest. I’ll prob change the rear beam as it looks grubby and it does feel a bit bouncy. The exhaust back box will be changed back to standard and I’ll try and get a full set of locks. Every lock is on a different key. Tiny bit of paint to door steps and boot floor and I’ll call it done.

It wasnt cheep. But I don’t think I’m in any danger of losing money in it.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah all of mine had different keys for different locks! My white F reg was while I was at Uni, so I never got round to fixing the lock and remember having to lock/unlock the car by opening the boot and reaching over to the driver's door pin!!

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
I have found out that I should have a remote. It didn’t come with one but I have been in touch with PSCUK admin. I believe he can provide on and programme them.

I’ll look up the single key on the link you sent. Would be nice to have all the locks on a single key and a remote central locking working.

phase 1 flamer 172
Good cars in their day,Had one 25 odd years ago, mot always a problem emission wise, it got stolen and although recovered I then lost interest in it. Recently thought I would get another but I couldn't live with the build quality and very quickly sold it on.

Peugeot 205 GTI Mi16