ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH article: Feista ST Vs Clio RS200

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Ok, so its worth a read, it seems to be the best back to back review so far IMO.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Regardless of which is better to drive, the Clio looks FAR better on the road. Saw my first one in black yesterday and it looked awesome!

E92 325D
I agree with RDH. The clio does look better. In the flesh they are lovely.

Definately the best comparison yet. Certainly seems to be a case of which one the individual likes more. They aren't that different.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Bare in mind the Clio is new Platform. The Fiesta is 2008 base.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
More than a fair point Luke. They do the same all the time. End of the life and bring out the flagship. Not the worst idea.

Listerine & Poledo
New Clio is a hideous plastic monstrosity.
IMO
I've seen enough of them "In the real".

That said, the Fiesta is hardly a looker either.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I really fancy the new Clio and I'm in a position to get one just after Christmas. But I am wondering whether to wait and see what happens in terms of development with the chassis, engine and transmission. As the review suggests its early days and with all the RS cars there have been improvements over the duration of the model.

If something like this happens... http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1314339 Then I would be tempted to wait.

Tbh apart from some changes to the gearbox you could probably make your own proposed Gordini. Eibach will no doubt release springs, Cooksport may do the same. KTec do an exhaust and an uprated intercooler is on the way. Then add a remap and you're more or less there...minus the stripes.

It just doesn't look sporty at all!

All they had to do was sort the gearbox out on the previous model, and maybe give people option of paddleshift! :banghead:

2004 1.5 DCi 100
The Fester is almost the size of a MK1 Focus and it's too tall. The Clio is a lardy, ugly, fat lump. (I don't like current car styling) :rasp:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
So having read the article i decided to look up 6+23 leasing costs for them both, just out of interest like.

Clio is £350 inc VAT.
Fiesta is £255 inc. VAT

By comparison, a M135i is £251 inc. VAT. lol.

Renault need to sell them at £199 a month like the 200 imho, might sell some then.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
When I test drove the clio to me it didn't feel engaging at all. If i had pushed the car then maybe it would have been better.

From the moment I drove the fiesta I felt "involved" and it was fun.

They are both decent cars. Although the clio's center console looks HIDEOUS in real life IMO. Really put me off

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
So having read the article i decided to look up 6+23 leasing costs for them both, just out of interest like.

Clio is £350 inc VAT.
Fiesta is £255 inc. VAT

Renault need to sell them at £199 a month like the 200 imho, might sell some then.

Comparing the prices to what you can have makes them unattractive lol.

E92 325D

Clio is £350 inc VAT.
Fiesta is £255 inc. VAT

Damn

Thats a no brainer lol!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Clio is £350 inc VAT.
Fiesta is £255 inc. VAT

What website is that on Dave? :)

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I like how both are quite understated. Not sure which I would go for..maybe the clio for novelty factor with all the trinkets it has. Fiesta will be a better motor though

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
What's the story if I wanted to lease the m135 through my uncles company? Is this allowed? Saves just over a grand over the 29 payments. Shame it's only solid paint

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No not for businesses mate. That's entirely different.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
10k+ to lease a car doesn't sit well with me.

The way im looking at it (based on previous experiences) is that a £10k car, paid for with cash, will cost roughly the following per month:

Depreciation £100 (£1200 a year)
Servicing & repairs £50 (£600)
Tyres £25 (£300)
Tax £25 (£300)
Mods £50 (£600)

So you're essentially throwing away £250 a month. If you can get a new car, which wont need servicing/repairs/tax/tyres/modifying for a similar price, it kinda makes sense.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Dave your saying the lease deals include tax and tyres aswell as servicing?

another question for Daniel, can you explain how it works with leasing and having a business I'm completely clueless. I see the deals are cheaper. For the record I'm not limited or vat registered.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
The way im looking at it (based on previous experiences) is that a £10k car, paid for with cash, will cost roughly the following per month:

Depreciation £100 (£1200 a year)
Servicing & repairs £50 (£600)
Tyres £25 (£300)
Tax £25 (£300)
Mods £50 (£600)

So you're essentially throwing away £250 a month. If you can get a new car, which wont need servicing/repairs/tax/tyres/modifying for a similar price, it kinda makes sense.

It's a good point and very tempting at that price. I would just hate not owning it. Do the m135 leases come with xenons and a half decent spec? Or is it very basic?