ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 1.2 8v immobiliser light staying lit dim

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I'm stumped, no doubt someone will have been here before....
IMG_20220116_155302.jpg

Immobiliser functions perfectly, car starts and runs as it should. Just frustrated me!

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
@Martin_172 I had exactly the same thing recently with my 172, here’s my thread on it:-

https://cliosport.net/threads/immobiliser-dash-light-“backlit”.839919/#post-12162530

never managed to get to the bottom of it, despite lots of fault finding and it annoyed me enough to depin the power supply to the light to give me some sort of resolution.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
@Martin_172 I had exactly the same thing recently with my 172, here’s my thread on it:-

https://cliosport.net/threads/immobiliser-dash-light-“backlit”.839919/#post-12162530

never managed to get to the bottom of it, despite lots of fault finding and it annoyed me enough to depin the power supply to the light to give me some sort of resolution.
Cheers mate, maybe just coincidence for me and obviously not a problem for you but it didn't do it when I got the car and the sunroof started leaking and flooded the car so I believe that's around the time it started but I don't use it enough to know for sure. It's since been sealed and all dried out.

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Aye it seems to be a very random occurrence indeed. At least you may have an explanation for yours, but still annoying nonetheless. I’ve never had any sign of water ingress in my 172 (that I’m aware of anyway), hence why it completely stumped me; 4 years without an issue and then out of nowhere it appeared.

keep us updated if you find any resolution or even if the light goes out on its own accord, be interesting to know.