ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 172 / 172 cup gearbox/driveshaft seal difference

phase 1 172
Above iv put cup shaft (to match subframe) on my ph1 and when iv dropped it off the jack its pissed oil overnight from the shaft/box seal

is there any difference brtween the 2 or is mine a dud

330i. E30 Touring.
No difference between the boxes in that area.

My bet is the seal just isn't seated properly,

phase 1 172
Il loosnen and retry hopefuly itll seal up,gearbox hasnt turned since that oil went in il cry if i have to dump it :(

phase 1 172
Tried loosening all 3 bolts and retightening evenly and looks like il have to take the seal out completely its still leaking

has anyone got a pic of the gaitor mounted? It looks like theirs a slight gap at the back of the metal bracket and the gearbox but the bolt holes all.appear to be flush

phase 1 172
A right ballache to change id imagine,il get it off tomorrow and have another look-work halted play today

phase 1 172
Managed to get a hour in the garage,seal wasnt seated right as budgie said, i hope its now sealed and not leaking because i dont have enough oil lol