ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 172 'Blo0dDiamond' Continued

320d
A lot of you will recognise this car from this thread started by Naith: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?529935-Blo0dDiamond-The-TeamAriane-Clio-Project-str0ng

So a few weeks ago I got a text off Naith saying 'The Clio might be for sale. You still looking for one?' well I wasn't really, I thought had enough of Clio's after owning a 1.2, a ph1 172 and a 182 previously. As soon as I got the text though the temptation for another ph1 172, the pride of the 2.0 Renaultsport fleet, was too much and I was at Naith's to look at it the following Sunday.

A deal was done quickly within minutes of me seeing it and I arranged to pick it up a couple of weeks later, Saturday 6th September to be exact.

The basic specs;

A BTM built, freakishly strong, standard engine.
Yozza stealth with decat
Coilovers
OMP wheel
Flocked dash

There are loads of other little bits and pieces on it too, too many to mention.

It is far from perfect though;

The main current problem is a mystery headlight problem, the drivers side headlight isn't working. It is getting plugged into Clip on Sunday so hopefully that will give an indication of the problem.

It needs a rear bumper where it historically has some chav zorst and it has a scuff.

It needs a dent taking out of the drivers side.

It needs steering rack bushes and wishbone bushes.

Oh and the brakes are knackered.

My plans/progress to date;

I have had 4 Yokohama AD08R tyres fitted ready for its debut on track

I have ordered Brembo HC front disks and DS2500 pads

Fit the rear braided lines to match the front and do a fluid change

Get the coilovers properly setup

Get it back to standard ph1 rear lights.

Fit the new bushes.

I am going to be out on track for the first time on Sat 29th November then I will take it from there on the mods front.

Anyway I will let the pictures do the talking. Obviously I didn't take them, I let Niall97

15064109330_73e5defca0_z.jpg

IMG_1386 by brettlea90, on Flickr

15064253828_bd368a009f_z.jpg

IMG_1403 by brettlea90, on Flickr

15064142240_6266bf7464_z.jpg

IMG_1407 by brettlea90, on Flickr

15227859086_844b9c8eba_z.jpg

IMG_1413 by brettlea90, on Flickr

15227878056_7985f2bb04_z.jpg

IMG_1418-2 by brettlea90, on Flickr

15064203980_6f43803030_z.jpg

IMG_1431 by brettlea90, on Flickr

Comments welcome, especially if they are on how to fix my headlight :clap:

Last edited:
  Megane r26
Cracking looking car, plans sound good. Similar approach I've taken with me megane f1, got a track day booked at donnington next month and that'll hopefully highlight the car weaknesses and strengths and go from there

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
As said in the other thread. You didn't waste your time finding one. You were undecided at CSS!

Will pop over for the track day I think. I should be doing one o. The 7th myself.

Looks good but please keep the ph2 lights. That and a cup spoiler are the only ph2 items that should be on a ph1.

320d
Since the last update I've had the following work carried out;
All brakes fitted so DS2500's up front, Brembo HC disks, braided lines and Dot 4.1 fluid
Inner and outer ARB bushes
Steering rack bushes
N/S tie rod and track rod end
Coilovers properly setup.
The car has been to BTM twice and is now in tip top condition.

First trackday at Oulton tomorrow so will update the thread with pictures and a write up.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Since the last update I've had the following work carried out;
All brakes fitted so DS2500's up front, Brembo HC disks, braided lines and Dot 4.1 fluid
Inner and outer ARB bushes
Steering rack bushes
N/S tie rod and track rod end
Coilovers properly setup.
The car has been to BTM twice and is now in tip top condition.

First trackday at Oulton tomorrow so will update the thread with pictures and a write up.

See you at Oulton!