ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 Freshen Up

I have owned the Clio for a two years and was toying with the idea of selling up, but every car I liked would need finance and I did not want to go down that road, so it was time to freshen up the Clio. Not great photos as I am useless with a camera.

Had two weeks holiday back in Cornwall at my parents place so the perfect opportunity to do a little work on the car.

New K–Tec stealth exhaust was bought and a GDI de-cat. No pictures before the exhaust went on…just one of the exhaust mounted.

2804237134_7f8d125e46.png

The standard wheels were looking very tired and in need of a refurbish, so I printed of the wheel refurbishing guide and took a trip down to Halfords, decided in the end on Rover Stone Gray. For my first attempt at the wheels I am quite happy with the results.

2803390705_8133f74602.png

Thought I would spray the side strips black as well to see what they came out like. Colour coded the 2.0 16V badges as well Rover Stone Gray.

2803391471_e6f30fa42b.png

2803391633_6bba05ba6a.png

Next little mod was this..

2803390813_95f7ccf705.png

Sparco 323 wheel. Was quite easy in the end to fit, the only bit I did not like doing was removing the air bag from the standard wheel. Think it suits the car quite nicely.

This evening gave the car a quick wash

2803391279_f6db80ff35.png

2804236792_251edf04f7.png

2803390911_bb874981ee.png

2803391187_3010e14014.png

Tomorrow it will receive a good polish and wax. I have ordered a new set of rear disc’s and for the front DS 2500 pads and Brembo discs with braided lines all from Yozzasport so these should be on in a few days.

Hopefully I will have a set of coilovers on the car for the next Essex meet. Then the planned mod’s are:

Matched Inlets
Remap
Colour code the door handles and black mirror surrounds
Possibly have the top half of the dash flocked to match the steering wheel??
Carbon splitter
Carbon fog light surrounds
Cup rear bumper and spoiler
Maybe strip out the rear and a set of buckets, but I do have to use the car every day so not sure.

May take a few months to get this little lot together though.

And finally a picture of my other money pit

2803391571_9e99f55490.png

PH1 172 Sport
How low does the centre section of your K-tec stealth sit can you get a pic?? Mine seems to hang really low in the centre. I also thought the stealth bit that you've taken a picture of looks like an elephants trunk on the PH1 so I took a hacksaw to mine as high as I could after the bend so its hidden behind the bumper better.

I like the wheels have been thinking of doing mine that colour for a while now.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Sod the clio bring the 5 to south end, where abouts in essex are you?
But the clio does look nice:)

Last edited:
The centre section of the exhaust does seem to hang a little low when compared to the standard exhaust, I will get a picture for you tomorrow.

I did think about cutting the exhaust but I though that a phase two bumper might cover it, so I will wait and see.

Well this little lot turned up this morning.

DS2500 pads and brembo discs with braided lines.

And standered rear disc's and pads as well.

Will try and fit them tommorow.

Attachments

• Brakes3.jpg
    Brakes3.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 38

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
A couple pics showing danny172's Clio as he is clearly incapable of photobucketing !

DSC01529.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

Oh dear .. mine seems to have got in the way ! :rasp:

rps13
^^^
oh so you're the guy who just hung up on me every time i tried to call you about buying the car????

thanks mate real mature

Last edited:
  rps13
it must have been the gentleman selling the car then, he still hasn't taken the ad off.

i also wanted to buy this car.

i would have left him alone if he had just said it was sold, but every time i called him and told him i wanted to come look at it he just hung up on me????

dickhead

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
how hard was the carbon fibre splitter to fit mate?im thinking about gettin one for mine. both looking nice though. i wish my f1s where black now!

how hard was the carbon fibre splitter to fit mate?im thinking about gettin one for mine. both looking nice though. i wish my f1s where black now!

It was a pain to fit as there designed for the phase two. But it can be done, mine took about an hour to get fit.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
looks worth it though! what was the problems mate and how did u get it to fit in the end?

It was a pain to fit as there designed for the phase two. But it can be done, mine took about an hour to get fit.

looks worth it though! what was the problems mate and how did u get it to fit in the end?

Yea it does look good :)

I just lined the splitter up against the bumper first, marked nine holes in the splitter and drilled, that was the easy bit!

I started on the right hand side and srewed it on, then moved accross the bumper attaching the splitter. The spliter is not very flexable so its hard to get it to follow the shape of the bumper, patience is needed!

Clio 182
Danny it appears we have near identical cars lol........ might cancel getting the rear lights to keep them different................

Danny it appears we have near identical cars lol........ might cancel getting the rear lights to keep them different................

Sounds like a nice car, got any pics?

I did wonder if i should bother with the rear lights, but i think they look so much better that it was worth while.

Wells it’s been a while since I have updated this thread, so hear goes.

First up I got a new stereo for xmas, I also bought the required leads to use the stalk controller. The stereo comes with a USB connection that I located in the glove box.

In the process of fitting the new stalk leads.

DSCF1030.jpg

Fitting the leads was not too difficult once I had worked out how to remove the dash top.

Now with the stereo working and located.

IMG_1045.jpg

As I had the tool box out I may as well take out some unwanted interior parts, it now looks like this.

DSCF1041.jpg

DSCF1042.jpg

DSCF1043.jpg

I still need to remove the sound deadening from the back and the seat belt buckles. Happy with the results, the car is more responsive and the noise is great and I use it every day. With less weight over the back I dropped the tyre pressures a little and softened the damping as well.

Finally some random pictures after a quick clean.

DSCF1037.jpg

DSCF1038.jpg

DSCF1036.jpg

DSCF1035.jpg

DSCF1033.jpg

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
good update, that stereo looks sweet in there, almost stock looking

if you leave the top dash off then you will find you have an upside down inverted heads up display, i have found this this week...lol

good update, that stereo looks sweet in there, almost stock looking

if you leave the top dash off then you will find you have an upside down inverted heads up display, i have found this this week...lol

Thanks, the sound qaulity is good as well.

That gives me an excuses to take it off again and have it flocked!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Some wonderous pictures of danny172 and his 172, from the weekend..:

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

Snoooooooooooow :approve: ..:

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

Hmm .. it appears I didn't get any photos of it clean. Never mind ..!