ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 Headlight help needed please?

1.6 Si
Hi
Just got some used Ph1 172 lights, was wondering if there are any parts missing? (see pic)

I think the bulb connectors for the HB3 bulbs might be missing but not sure (perhaps the HB3 bulbs just screw in to that socket?), are they a seperate part (see 2nd pic)?

I know I a missing the rubber seals on one of the drivers side light, hoping I can get these directly from Renault?

Any help, gratefully appreciated.
Gez

Attachments

• 172backb.jpg
    172backb.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 172diagramb.jpg
    172diagramb.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 104
  172 EXCLUSIVE
Hi mate,

I think you are missing the xenon bulbs and the starter block which both cost mucho wonga!

The picture on the right looks like the standard twin lights with no xenon bulbs.

1.6 Si
Yep, these are halogen lamps not Xenon. Got the H7 bulbs (Main Top Beam) just need to buy the HB3 bulbs (Dipped std beam). Want to know if there should be a seperate connector for the HB3 bulbs which are L-shaped or whether they screw directly into that socket pls?

1.6 Si
Sorry, should have mentioned that they are Mk2 ph1 twin optics as pictured below

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 82
  Israeli 172 ph1
Other then the rubber seal you dont have any thing missing the bulb will just fit to those sockets.

I take it you already have this style of headlight?

Twin's that is.

If not then you need to modify the wiring.

1.6 Si
Yeah, I have the Hella adaptors (as pictured) cheers mate - makes it nice & easy, just need bulbs and extra fuses in the fuse box!!!

Attachments

• Hella Light Adaptor.jpg
    Hella Light Adaptor.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 125
  1.6 Si
So the HB3 dipped beam bulb does just screw into that socket then (no extra connector required)?

Sorry, meant to say that I am doing the conversion, I don't know why I have to change the wiring in the loom under the steering wheel (see pic) as instructed by Hella, any ideas why?
>

Attachments

• hella conversion guide.jpg
    hella conversion guide.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 149
the HB3 bulb should slot into that hole... they have 3 plastic lugs which locate into the recesses on the lights. The bulb itself contains the connector for the wiring loom.

Apart from the rubber seal, they look complete. When i was planning the transplant on the old 4x4 i couldnt buy just the rubber seals from renault. Try a breakers yard :)

1.6 Si
Cheers Fubar thats great, yeah I noticed there was no Renault part no on the n/side rubber seals, just Hella part numbers, I will see if the Renault parts guy at my local stealer can look it up on his computer else I will try the breakers.

1.6 Si
Just need to get those 2 rubber seals, anyone have a damaged 172 light or know a breakers that I might get them from?

1.6 Si
Spoke to Cliospares, the lady there is soooooo nice, She looked up the Renault part no. on her computer and tells me that Renault do sell them seperately (not what my dealer told me - lazy tossers) - but about £19 each for the seals FFS!!! That is ridiculous, a whole new lamp is about £50!!!!