ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing main ECU connector - HELP

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm trying to unplug the big fat connector from the ECU, I've pulled the little locking tab thingy out (pictured), but I'm not sure how I now get the connector off? I've tried pulling, but it doesn't seem to be budging, I'm conscious of damaging the wiring if I yank too hard.
Does the plastic cover above the connectors come off, or is that what I should be pulling?
Am I missing something, or do I just have to send it and pull as hard as possible? Any help appreciated!
unnamed.jpg

Simon Squire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I'm trying to unplug the big fat connector from the ECU, I've pulled the little locking tab thingy out (pictured), but I'm not sure how I now get the connector off? I've tried pulling, but it doesn't seem to be budging, I'm conscious of damaging the wiring if I yank too hard.
Does the plastic cover above the connectors come off, or is that what I should be pulling?
Am I missing something, or do I just have to send it and pull as hard as possible? Any help appreciated!
View attachment 1600324
slide the top plastic cover towards the locking tab and the it will lift off very easily.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers lads, just figured it out, locking tab was stuck, pushed it in and out a few times and it came out the full way.
Out with the old, in with the new.
unnamed (2).jpg