ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 immobiliser is it the key or the car?

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Over the last few weeks my key has stopped working to turn off the immobiliser, is this a common fault?

Any ideas whether it is the keys or something with the pick up on the car?

Any advise appreciated.

Mk1 16v brooklands
Get the key recoded mate, or there's a little device you can but for £100 and pput it in the odb port under the ash tray and it deletes the immobiliser

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Cheers James, Yes seen the immobiliser dis-arming thing, but I'd prefer to keep the immobiliser working. Do you know whether I get the existing key re-programmed or is it a case of new keys?

clio 172 ph2
Cheers James, Yes seen the immobiliser dis-arming thing, but I'd prefer to keep the immobiliser working. Do you know whether I get the existing key re-programmed or is it a case of new keys?

get a new key. i think i payed roubd the £25 mark for 1 from renault but you only get the top part of the key not the blade aswell

Golf GTD Mk7
^^sounds cheap. New key would need validating to the car.ie. clip coding or similar

Get the key recoded mate, or there's a little device you can but for £100 and pput it in the odb port under the ash tray and it deletes the immobiliser

Come again? How does it do that then? Emulator is needed to be soldered directly onto the ecu circuit board to do that.

Is your spare key working?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
There's an ODBII dongle product floating around that is vin coded and simply inputs the bypass code for you. This only works on the older generation vehicles it is probably worth noting and will only work on the vehicle it has the vin programmed in to memory to stop thieves rolling round with them in their pockets.

A new key for a phase 1 supplied and coded is around £165. If you paid £25 it will probably be a non RF plip.

Mk1 16v brooklands
There's an ODBII dongle product floating around that is vin coded and simply inputs the bypass code for you. This only works on the older generation vehicles it is probably worth noting and will only work on the vehicle it has the vin programmed in to memory to stop thieves rolling round with them in their pockets.

A new key for a phase 1 supplied and coded is around £165. If you paid £25 it will probably be a non RF plip.

Thats exactly how it works jonny 1*2
You send them a code that's inside the Key itself and they code it to your exact vehicle.

Renault are the only place I can find around here that re programme the keys and want over £100 to do it

Try pressing the button on the key as you turn it this works on mine

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Cheers Jonny, James, Mick, All advise appreciated.

It is both my normal key and spare key, looks like the only option will be new keys from Renault.

Mk1 16v brooklands
I was relieved when I found it, thought it'd be handy incase it went titd up, mines started playing up again :S

Clio 171 Cup

Hi guys, my son broke the fob on my 172 phase 1 and it's going to be hard to fix as the car needs to be towed to the dealership. Is there a link for this ODBII dongle?