ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 172 intermittent starting problems

120d M Sport
Hi,

Every now and then, my PH1 172 seems to have an issue with starting.

It cranks over as normal but won't fire into life when the problem occurs.

It's happened on about 3/4 occasions in just under 6 months ownership, everytime I've started to consider what might need replacing, within 10 minutes it usually fires back into life and goes away...Only this time it won't!

I'm thinking TDC sensor from a quick read up on here. Can anyone shed any light?

Many thanks,

Alex.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
CPS Is a good guess but can't give any assurances without seeing the car I'm afraid.

120d M Sport
If this is of any use to anyone I removed the TDC sensor, cleaned it up, refitted and the car started back up first time!

For the long term is it advisable to buy a new sensor, I'm worried it may let me down again at an inopportune time.

Clio 172
i have a video on here with same symptoms . changed key antenna and uch and ecu ...........problem has left the clio lol .
also when i wound the drivers window up the hazzars flashed .... again uch change solved that.
good luck
mike