ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 172 pedals position

Clio II Sport ph1
Hi there!
I've already went through many topics on here to find an answer to my question but I've found nothing what would help me. Sorry, if the exact topic like this one has already been posted.

I'm driving Clio ph1 172. I would like to perform heel&toe downshifts but it seems almost impossible with the set of pedals I currently have. The throttle is, I would say 2-3cm(centimeters) lower than the brake and clutch pedals and even if I put on brakes I can't do heel&toe well. I just barely can touch the throttle!
My daily Clio ph1(regular 1.4 16v) has the same issue with the pedals. Throttle is just too low when compare to rest of the pedals.

But my goal is to set it right in my race car as I'm going to change my final drive to shorter one. Now I'm running 4.9 OEM final (which is very well made and hard to demage) but I need to change to 12/63 final because of group A/N homologation restrictions in rally championship I'm gonna compete in. The 12/63 finals are worst ones when it comes to durability so the main idea of how to perform shifts in right way and without risking of my gearbox demage is to do heel&toe to safe my synchros which are very delicate in JC5s... I couldn't afford Pedal Box so only homemade solutions are remain ones.

Are there any ideas how to put all the pedals to the same position and angle?

Cheers!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
simple, 3d print a plastic block to go on the pedals to get matching heights and then use my heel and toe pedal to go on top to increase the width of the accelerator

Clio II Sport ph1
simple, 3d print a plastic block to go on the pedals to get matching heights and then use my heel and toe pedal to go on top to increase the width of the accelerator

What do you mean by saying your heel and toe pedal? Do you have your own solution for it?

Should the plastic block go on all pedals? The clutch and brake are on the same height and only throttle stays a little lower. Can you upload a photo of your pedals?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
You need to practice more.

It's easily achievable in any Clio i've driven.

If you were to raise the throttle, then by the time you're heavy on the brakes and go to move your foot over to blip the throttle it'll be too high and you'd just end up hitting the side of the pedal.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
What do you mean by saying your heel and toe pedal? Do you have your own solution for it?

Should the plastic block go on all pedals? The clutch and brake are on the same height and only throttle stays a little lower. Can you upload a photo of your pedals?
Pm sent

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
Sorry to hijack thread are you still doing the full set of foot peddles Andy?I purchased the foot rest from yourself and would like to finish with the whole set of the peddles if so let me know,Thanks.SJ.

A5 Coupe & Clio182
get some wider shoes then just use half and half for brake and throttle!

That's what I do :D(y)