ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 172 Vs ph2 172/182

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Can someone tell me the trim difference between the ph1 172 and ph2 172 only please.

The ph2 172 has (which I'm interested in): Auto lights, xenons, auto wipers and climate.

Does the ph1 172 have any of these things?

VaVa
The whole 'drive by wire' thing is blown massively out of proportion. Read any review of any ph2 1*2 car and you'll see it's throttle response praised.

Get a remap and this is improved further.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The whole 'drive by wire' thing is blown massively out of proportion. Read any review of any ph2 1*2 car and you'll see it's throttle response praised.

Get a remap and this is improved further.
Having own both, there's a big difference. Feel free to come and try mine.

VaVa
I've driven both. I've made my own opinion, thanks.

Is there a difference? Yes. Does it make ph2 cars worse to drive? No.

You never hear about the DBW anywhere but here.

Clio 172 Ph1
I dont get people that greet about the interior!!

Who can honestly say they bought it for that specific purpose exactly? If you like a nice place to sit then buy a BMW!

I must say at 6ft 3, the interior/seats are pretty uncomfortable. My right knee has to rest on the door and the seats are a little too high.

but regardless of that I dont care, I forget all of this when I reach some twisties and the car comes alive. I also like the understated looks, I had other alternatives over here like Integra Type R's etc but they just stand out so much and shout "boy racer" the 172 Ph1 does not.

rs clio ph1 172
I have driven a ph2, i honestly didnt know it had drive by ecu throttle, so if that was that responsive i cant wait to try good ol fashion drive by cable.