ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 172s

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Possibly... but to me, that's your plate. Get another ph1..! Haha
Haha.

No chance mate, I'm more than happy with the impreza.

If you know anyone for the plate then let me know.
There must be a PH1 V6 owner who'd want it. [emoji41]

Reading this thread truly makes me a proud owner of my pearl black 172. Currently I'm in the body shop to spray it over and I can't wait untill she's back out.
What makes this car so special is the fact that I'm probably 1 of 4 172 (ph1 and ph2) in my country, Trinidad and Tobago, and 1 of 2 ph1 currently on the streets. On that note almost all my parts have to be imported from the UK. Definitely one of a kind! Currently only has 105xxxkm on the clock considering it's age.

Currently awaiting head gasket kit, plugs and head bolts from engine Dynamics to refresh my head because I noticed the oil has been burning a bit (assuming it's valve seals)
Quick release steering
And some little finishing badges

My wishlist sorted from the highest priority :

1. Extra ph1 gearbox or rebuild kit
2. All four abs sensors
3. ITBs ( because my Accel cable forever sticks after changing twice already)
4. Healthy sounding exhaust system from ktecracing
5. 17" speedline turinis

I'm hoping I can get someone from the mainland to purchase an extra gearbox Incase any thing goes wrong and ship it to me. But no luck just yet

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Seeing this thread and the exclusive in the OP really makes me miss mine.

The OP exclusive looks a great pic and shows how cool they look at the front.

Few of my faves of my old iceberg:

2017-05-30_03-05-33.jpg
2017-05-30_03-04-56.jpg
2017-05-30_03-04-35.jpg

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Now that my vRS is sorted (just need to pick it up from the garage) I need to get a few things done to it to make it stand out when I sell it. So I am now on a look out for a non-silver Ph1.
If anyone wants to swap a Mk1 Octavia vRS for one then let me know.

Yes it is a disease owning own.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
some lovely PH1s on here, makes me feel a bit sorry for mine

Only 1 seat, paintwork fading on lots areas, rear cage going in, although rust seems kept at bay, lots lovely decals and an engine thats done 88k and still pulls like a train and makes me smile. Mines not a show car, but wish it were too. Still love it, mind

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
As much as I love the Odyssey, that Flamer is basically perfect, what a car, what a colour!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I love the ph1 dash. I hated it at first but it feels better built the the ph2.

It looks retro now, especially if you have the tape deck still in place! (Obviously the CD ch get still under the seat, or tunepoint connected out the way!)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I love the retro blue of the phase 1 interior, so old skool its now cool. imo actually looks more dated almost than a mk1 dash! lol!

obviously loose 20 bonus points for no tape deck but gain 50 extra for minidisc :tonguewink:

32537238184_3d51b5df9f_o.jpg
Odyssey-8 by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
It could be worse, it could be an Exclusive interior :mask: although there is one in Autotrader (for £8k iirc, yes that's £8k for a low mileage standard Clio) and the interior doesn't look too gash. Must be the photos.

The Odessey one that needs a lot of work I looked at in december has now been reduced to £600 so I am sure you could pick it up for £500. But mother has said no more broken cars on the drive as "no normal people have this many cars in so many pieces". I don't think she understands