ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 Break Options

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
So, could use some sensible opinions here please you lot. ;)

My ph1 172 sailed through its 3rd MOT under my ownership on Tuesday, so I'm quite delighted with this news! I was convinced it would fail with corroded brakes as its rarely used and just sits on the driveway most of the time... rarely going anywhere, but maintained non-the-less.

Although the brakes passed, I think its time they were replaced with some new ones. Question is, which ones? I dont want to spend a load of money on the car, and in all honesty I'd be happy with OEM disc etc, but if there is better out there for the money I'd be daft not to take this opportunity to up-grade them a little. I've had a look on K-tec's site, and the Brembo HC discs seem reasonable, but which pads.? I have 'Green Stuff' pads on at the moment, fitted by the previous owner.
A friend of mine in the trade mentioned 'Pagid' discs as a direct replacement for the originals.. thoughts? I was also considering OEM pads, again.. thoughts and opinions please.

My driving style is sympathetic to the car, but I do like to get my foot down from time to time, and 'may' do the the odd track day if I get time this year.

Shaun

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Thanks bud, cheers for the heads up re 'g172' too. Will check it out.

My quote for Pagid discs and pads all around is £162.00 (trade, from Euro Car Parts), plus my mates time for firtting. Surely at that price its worth a punt? I just dont want to spend any more than is reasonably required. The v6 gets all the money lavished on it.. lol

Evo 5 RS
I read the spelling in title and thought hang about, why is he breaking it if it's sailed through an MOT ;)

Mintex 1444s and brembo high carbons for a road car! Or just OE stuff really, OE stuff is fine on a standard road car

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
I read the spelling in title and thought hang about, why is he breaking it if it's sailed through an MOT ;)

Mintex 1444s and brembo high carbons for a road car! Or just OE stuff really, OE stuff is fine on a standard road car

Hahaha... oops. BRAKE not break :p If one of the moderators reads this, please correct my spelling mistake :)

Thanks for your reply!

What of these Pagid brakes I've been offered? Anyone?

Evo 5 RS
if they're the stock jobbies and not the 'blues' (blues are great fast road pads, probably one of the best but expensive as fook) then they're on par with OE stuff really, it's all pattern. No better or worse off

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Nah, wont be the 'blues' used on the cup race cars. Just the standard replacement type. Thanks fella.