ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 cooling fan stays on

PH1 172/205 GTI/UnoT
Had this twice recently - only seems to happen if the battery is low (car had been sat for 4 months before I bought it and needed a jump). The cooling fan will stay on permanently until the battery is completely flat. If I charge it fully this doesn't happen. Coolant temp looks normal on the dash (starts cold and rises up to just below half way at the expected rate).

Any ideas?

renault clio 1.4 16v
there are two coolant sensors, one on the block and one on the radiator, might be a bad connection on the one on the radiator... or a bad relay

PH1 172/205 GTI/UnoT
there are two coolant sensors, one on the block and one on the radiator, might be a bad connection on the one on the radiator... or a bad relay
Thanks for the reply da rok. That's interesting there's two sensors, I'll take a look the next time I'm under the bonnet. Out of interest is the relay in the box next to the battery and if so do you know which one?

renault clio 1.4 16v
yea the relays are in the box next to the battery, its one of the small black ones, just pull them out and clean them or swap around and see if the problem goes somewhere else...

dan's cast offs.
There's only one cts. Check the resistor for the fan speed or just unplug it and see how it goes.