ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 Dual Optics - Possible MOT Fail?

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Just popped open the fusebox and I do have a space for a fuse in this section;
BKhkI.jpg

There is a place to pop in another fuse and I'm thinking on buying Dual Optics to replace the horrid headlights atm.

Question is; if this fuse doesn't work and the dipped lights don't stay on with the full beam would this be an MOT fail?

Confused as I've read different things over the forums and just looking for a definitive answer.

Ta.

Why would it fail the MOT? Dual optics were standard on ph1 172. They don't fail an MOT, plug and play. If you need to just put a fuse in that box? I don't get what the fuss is?

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Yes I know that lol. Terrible at explaining I am.

If I put it in and it doesn't work or whatnot, will it be an MOT fail or not? People say it won't be other says it'll be fine.

I honestly don't see why it would. It might be different for dual optics but on some cars with halogen headlights when the full beam is turned on the dipped beam goes off.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Hmm. I will test it anyways. Just was looking to find out more info if I could.

Cheers mate.

Jap Box
Wont fail it, mine passed with the dipped going off when the main beam is turned on.

You sure you actually have the hole for the fuse? It may look like you do but you most likely do not have the metal pins in place to make a connection with, for some reason mine has 1 pin but most others will just have the gap there.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Good to hear it. I'll have a look later tonight for the fuse space but I'm pretty sure it's there, then again I just had a quick peek.

Thanks for that Kerry.