ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 Flamer.

Few hours work this morning, just doing little bits and bobs tbh.Old gear box oil, only about 2.5L of it and it was black as black. Luckily our washing broke so i used the hose from that to refill it!
IMG_0042.jpg

Undersealed the rear arches, pic is part way through painting one side. You can also the air deflectors i folded for the front brakes, dont think these will be going on as i cant secure them tightly, if they come off they would cause some damage i recon lol.
IMG_0036-1.jpg

Folded a bit of metal at work, to mount hazard swtich and cig lighter. Ive ordered some 3M carbon wrap to go over this, shouldnt look to bad when done! Oh and hid the other wires up behind the dash :)
IMG_0039-1.jpg

Painted the interior grab handles matt black also, as the old flame red was getting scratched and looked out of place inside the car.
IMG_0041.jpg

Also lowered the front 5mm, might have to raise the rear up slightly as the 15mm rear spacers sometimes hit the arch on rough roads with big bumps lol :(Few pictures from the EA meet at the weekend, thanks to Rich for the pics :)
6904502955_80d2a0ecaf_b.jpg

6904488407_07d4b3e022_b.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 32
So my exhaust has cracked and the cars missing at low revs :(

So going to take it, if anyone has a decent exhaust and willing to post it pm me :) preferably a pee shooter style :)

So today, my car was running rough. Misfiring, engine lights flashing, sound like a lawnmower and had no power! Luckily i wasnt far from home so limped it home and straight onto the drive way.
A little while later after a bit of angle grinding and undoing bolts the exhaust was off. Which revealed this lovely crack! (KTEC Stealth Exhaust)
IMG_0046-1.jpg

As you can see, the weld which holds the silencer on is where the crack has started and then spread round. Obviously a weak point. Systems on about 25k from looking at previous owner receipts.
IMG_0051-1.jpg

This is how it stands for now. Wheels are off so i could drop the rear axle lower and the bumper was in my way lol.
IMG_0053.jpg

My dad is taking the exhaust with him to work, to attempt to fix it. Im hoping this will work, otherwise ill be heading to lewis to pic up another exhaust :)

Danny, thanks for the offer mate :) im hoping the car was just playing up because the exhaust. Hopefully i shall know by Tuesday night whats wrong with it.

Also for to mention ive ordered some federal 595 rs-r tyres for the black williams wheels, if the cars sorted soon i should be heading to Snetterton on the 11th of march :)

Last edited:
  Trafic 140dci
Wow that has had it lol, fingers crossed your dad can sort it.

Btw your drive looks lovelly for working you car, loads of space and flat concrete :)

Not a decent update, car still is exhaustless but hopefully have it back soon :)

In anticipation for the exhausts return i though I would throw on a new hanger.
IMG_0013-1.jpg

The 3M carbon wrap turned up also, looks pretty tidy in the front now.
IMG_0019-1.jpg

And then i played with a hole saw.
IMG_0004.jpg

Hopefully my next update will be saying the exhaust is fixed and its running good again, fingers crossed!

Exhaust is back on.

Cars still playing up. Got an engine management light on and im pretty sure its miss firing.

When i room HT lead number 2 and start it up it still sounds the same, if i remove anyother the car barely starts.

Took the spark plug out for number 2 and it looks as good as new still (only about 2k old)

Any ideas?

ph1 172
Car looks great Dan, love the holes in the front bumper:)

Sorry I can't help on the miss firing but hope its an easy fix and gets sorted soon!

So tonight i managed to fix it, was the coilpack lol.
Borrowed one of a mates 182, and it worked straight away. So another mate had a spare coilpack, £25 later and its sorted.
In the process we managed to make my mates 182 back fire and the exhaust started blowing on the sleeve after the cat. So then had to sort that lol.

As for my car it seems to be running alot better and on 4 cylinders now, still feels abit jolty at low revs whilst pulling away but when its going its fine so i shall see if this improves over the next few days. hopefully it will smooth its self out.

still need to fix my the sticking throttle also as thats getting worse,
tyres have been dispatched now also so ill get them on the weekend,
if all goes well ill book snetterton for the 11th :D

Glad we sorted your car neighbour...just a shame you broke mine in the process! :( lol

Haha, cheers! and i do apoligise for messing up your exhaust, hopefully its sorted :)

Swapped the coil pack for a known working one?

As above, you were right :)