ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 headlight painting/tinting

Ph1 Clio 172
Was considering buying a set of duel optic ph1 headlights, splitting them and painting the chrome inners to black, anyone done this and how easy is it to do?, does it effect the light quality atall?

Cheers

Phase 1 172
i have the same plan! ive painted lights before.

you need to take any clips off that may be supporting the lenses, stick them in the oven (i normally do mine at 90 degs) hot enough to soften the glue but not too hot you start melting solder or the light itself! when soft wedge the case apart with something flat.

i also stick in the oven between coats aswell.

when your done stick the lenses back in place, back in the oven to soften the glue. get them out and make sure the lenses has seated properly again. job done!

you can always use abit of clear sealant if your careful.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
You mean paint the parts that reflect the light?

Theres a thread on here where someone painted phase 2 lights.

Ive seen this done on a Mondeo before (car was going to get before clio lol)
And the car was stealth as f**k looked real nice, I read on how this guy done it, seams easy, split lights/seal and spray the chrome with a certain spray,
post up pics, I wanna see how it turns out

Ph1 Clio 172
Cheers for the reply guys, finally managed to find a picture of a clio ph1 with the idea im thinking of doing, want to make sure its do-able without to much hassle as id hate to mess it up.