ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 - Ph2 dash conversion, anyone done it? switches/buttons e.t.c

I plan on doing this conversion to my phase 1 next week, i have read Robs guide but ideailly i'd like the buttons to keep their functions, anyone done that?

SQ5
No I couldn't do it, best I got was using a separate relay for the hazards so you could use the proper hazard button from a ph2

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
What screws it up is the lock button. In the Ph1 it's a 2 way rocker switch, which means you have an earth, an unlock positive and a lock positive.

I looked into trying to make some sort of latching relay circuit which would send the power down the alternate wires every time you pressed it, but I never finished it off.

You solve the lock button issue and the rear demist can go up to its proper button and you can then connect the recirc.

As for the AC buttons it'd be so much easier to hack the panel apart and replace them with PTM switches (which is what the Ph1 has) instead of the latching ones they have. However that is likely to go wrong. I was happy to push the button twice.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
The car in Rob's guide is mine. It's still wired as shown.

By pushing the AC and rear demist (but actually the recirc button) buttons twice I mean that the Ph2 has latching buttons for those functions i.e. One press opens the switch, and the second press closes it, and it toggles between on and off.

The ph1 just has momentary switches i.e. The switch is only closed when you push it, it opens again when you release it.

What it means is that the car expects to recieve a 'burst' of power, which is what you get from a ph1 switch, as standard. But put a ph2 switch in there and one press means it's constantly on, as if you're holding the switch down. You have to press the switch again to break the contact (like lifting your finger off the ph1 switch). You can just press it once, and the AC will still work, but it cuts out when you select the highest fan speed. Therefore you need to push it twice for full functionality.

This is going to be more difficult than i first thought, do you know if the the heater controls are 'plug and play' ? i think retro mounting the ph1 demister switch and Locking switch maybe easier ?

has anyone looked at cutting and joining the wires? i have both ph1 and ph2 interior looms