ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 prices

53 Clio's & counting
hey chaps, iv not been on for a while (split up with the other half so trying to sort all that out) and iv noticed all the cheap ph quicks have gone and there are only a hadfull under 2k now?

audi a6 3.0tdi
hey chaps, iv not been on for a while (split up with the other half so trying to sort all that out) and iv noticed all the cheap ph quicks have gone and there are only a hadfull under 2k now?
Mine cost me £1400 my mates cost a grand there are some very good bargains out there. They do seem to have gone back up a bit though.

53 Clio's & counting
i knew you would be tempted back to the dark side one day day ;)

iv been looking at a few prices and a few months ago PH and autotradeer was littered with rock bottom priced ones, with better ones seeming to be mid 2k ish, now they seem to be rising back up in value slightly? and ther all flippin silver too! lol

Glad i sold mine when i did. Went for 4k in the end.

But i have seen decent ones go for as little as 2k.

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
They average just over £2k from the looks of things, but I've seen some being sold at around £1k and even less. A lot of car for the money, deffinitely a good time for anyone looking for one!

ZX6R B1H
mine was 1k granted it has some little niggles but nothing that a 2k one wouldnt :D so all is gooood.

ph1 172 Black
God don't suppose my 114k one will be worth much then. FSH and had frontend sprayed thought so it's in good nic and in best colour black.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Car market is picking up again imo.

Been on the lookout for a Trophy of late and seem to be creeping back up.

audi a6 3.0tdi
God don't suppose my 114k one will be worth much then. FSH and had frontend sprayed thought so it's in good nic and in best colour black.
Same mileage as rexe's above mate. Mine was 1400 its on 111k it had full renault service history upto 94k then reciepts for service after that. also included were loads of other reciepts for tires, exhausts and other random bits. both mine and rexe are black too

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
I picked my black phase 1 up for £1800, with full mot 104K full service history, with a host of tasteful mods, blueflame exhaust, uprated suspension, phase 2 16" alloys, induction kit, phase 2 rear lights etc....all the stuff i was planning to do!!

Certainly the best £1800 car i've ever owned!

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
I'm actually looking at getting a new car in a few months but i won't be selling my black phase 1, going to just park it up in the garage as i think they will start creeping up in value soon as they will be quite a rare sought after car in years to come.

audi a6 3.0tdi
I'm actually looking at getting a new car in a few months but i won't be selling my black phase 1, going to just park it up in the garage as i think they will start creeping up in value soon as they will be quite a rare sought after car in years to come.

I thought that with my old blue one till i wrote it off :( the black one i have now is all stripped out so is pretty much worthless to anyone but me

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
Gutted, the reason i'm getting another car is the fact i'll end up killing mine with mileage as i'm doing upto 2000 miles a month :( already upto 112k!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Hi..

Paid a grand for mines with 59k on the clock, New G/box, Belts done and its Odyssey blue too :)

ZX6R B1H
cars are to be driven and enjoyed, a replacement engine or rebuild would sort it without much of a problem. Never understood why people moan about putting milage on cars... Its your toy Use it.

ZX6R B1H
Hi..

Paid a grand for mines with 59k on the clock, New G/box, Belts done and its Odyssey blue too :)

Yours is a Cat C mind gaz, So to a lot of people it would scare them off buying it and thus reduces the value somewhat.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Yours is a Cat C mind gaz, So to a lot of people it would scare them off buying it and thus reduces the value somewhat.
lol.. Can break them for £1500!!

Even @ cat c, mines was a bargain!

I would't entertain less than £2.5k for mine (2000 W/ 66k), having looked at loads you need to go for the more expensive ones if you want anything near mint.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Id say mine is probaly worth about £2800 tbh

8 service stamps with 55k on the clock, its adored rather than maintained...!

But aye they have seemed to drop quite low recently :(

Nissan 350z
Yeah just glanced over the bay and autotrader theres a couple ph1 auctions under 2k but they appear to have reserves over 2k.

Unless the people claiming to have bought bargins are actually refering to "mates rates" or the equivilant :p

audi a6 3.0tdi
You get what you pay for, I would try and up your budget mate
Buy one for a grand and then spend a grand on it in new parts and you have a far better car than a 2k car in the first place as everything will be new.

New engine mounts and driveshafts-£500
new suspension oem-£200
cambelt and aux-£300

for a little extra you could do a full service.

If the car has already got full service history like mine did then it will have already had one cambelt change done. As long as the body work is tidy then no one will ever know how cheap you paid for it.

120d M-Sport
Paid £1800 for mine, 115k on clock, no service history bar 3 or 4 old MOTs, all i got was the V5 and 2keys. Oh and a deed to the private plate! Lol.

It sounds and runs great aswel. Needs a bit of TLC on the bodywork (marks/scratches etc) but its worth every penny. I think its been lowered (unsure though) and has had brake discs uprated. Thats about it though really.

Don't think i'd sell mine though! Not worth selling. Might be worth holding onto. Long as i dont bin it lol :rasp:

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Mine has 34k, mint, stamps, history etc just needs belts done and got it for under 2.5k