ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1, rust?

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Hi all,

Looking to get back into the rs scene, had a 182 a few yeara ago that was unfortunately written off by a Zafira with anger management issues!

Considering a ph1, but concerned about rust! Where are the common spots and, is it a major issue on these? Is any of it hidden?

Cheers all.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Mine has some rust starting to show at the bottom of the rear arch just on one side so needs sorting. I came across one that was being broken for spares due to rusted sills.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Inside the sills, behind the rear door cards...
IMAG2323.jpg

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Mine had and advisory last years MOT test saying some surface rust on parts of the chassis and wishbones, but this was basically an orange stain, I should have done something about this but it's a pig to see without a ramp or pit!

RenaultSport 172
Mine is rusting from the inside as well. The paint is bubbling in front of the rear arch. I also have some rust on the arches and the fuel filler cap.

I have bought some rust bullet http://rustbulletuk.com/ and am going to coat it all and hope for the best.