ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 172 Body control unit replacement

mini cooper s
Hi

I have a slight electrical drain from the Body Control Unit on my 2004 172. Auto elec says it’s on back order at 240+vat (+ fitting) and additionally tells me it must be a brand-new one as they can’t be reused, and must have two keys (which I do have). I’ve noticed a couple of preowned ones on eBay and in the description it mentions they can be re-coded? Who is right?

thanks

BG 182FF
Hi

I have a slight electrical drain from the Body Control Unit on my 2004 172. Auto elec says it’s on back order at 240+vat (+ fitting) and additionally tells me it must be a brand-new one as they can’t be reused, and must have two keys (which I do have). I’ve noticed a couple of preowned ones on eBay and in the description it mentions they can be re-coded? Who is right?

thanks

mini cooper s
Thanks a lot for that @clio tyres . Pity I didn’t know that when the auto elec was here today as I’d have had him whip it out so I could send it off for repair. Any tips on removing myself or best to get the elec back? Thanks again

I took mine to BBA Reman as they are local to me, but I think they are quite a bit more expensive than the e-bay option.

I took the UCH out myself, just a load of plugs as far as I recall.
As my car is now stripped out it's just cable tied to the roll cage, so very easy to take photos of the connections if you think that would help

mini cooper s
Thanks @banhama Think I might have a go myself looking at YouTube it says the dash top needs to come out but that looks easy enough

BG 182FF
Thanks @banhama Think I might have a go myself looking at YouTube it says the dash top needs to come out but that looks easy enough