ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 172 Cup front chin spoiler

Captain Hat

CS Academician
ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio RS 172 Cup
My current place of work is in an industrial unit on a farm. One of the actual farmer types has seen fit to hide a chunk of a steel gate with a couple of vertical nubs on it in the long grass next to the access road, with the net upshot that when pulling over to let a truck past just now I lost a chunk of my 172's chin spoiler and was damn lucky not to lose a tyre as well. It's a 2002 172 Cup, and while I don't think there's any more serious damage I'm not sure and I'm not planning to take any chances, I'll get it looked over ASAP.

The one major part I know I need to replace right now is the chin spoiler. Anybody know where's good to look/have one spare/etc?

I mean, I did find this on ebay- though it doesn't look exactly right (the "vent" in the centre is not on the stock spoiler)- and I can find a carbon fibre one for £120 or so here although that page still has a notice on it saying they're "out of stock until January 2015" which is worrying and I'm not a huge fan of carbon fibre anyway.

Does anybody know of a better option?

This is a right pain in the balls, especially as some scrote recently decided to put a long scratch down each side and across the bonnet for no discernible reason which means I am looking at needing to get it repainted soon as well (incidentally, anyone know what a good price for a respray is? There's a guy who also works out of a shed on the farm who does a lot of paintwork for one of the racing clubs out of Brands Hatch, which is fairly nearby, and he's suggested about a grand for a complete respray of the car, which seems reasonable to me but then I don't have a clue whether that's actually good or not). With my old car it just kept breaking of its own volition, but this one just seems to attract dick moves from other people.

Captain Hat

CS Academician
ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio RS 172 Cup
What Skoda? :tongueout:

I''d guess Fabia (no idea on year), but I need to get it right...

Captain Hat

CS Academician
ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio RS 172 Cup
Yeah, I know it's not really a proper spoiler but it's also not a proper splitter is it? I'd feel even sillier calling it that.