ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph2 172 cup tyre pressure

172 Cup
Can't believe I've not checked tyre pressure on my cup as of now-

rear ns 40!!! psi
rear fs 25 psi
front ns 30 psi
front fs 28 psi

rofl no wander it was going around in circles, what t**t owned it before me?...logbook is telling me its a form of female breed.

I've adjusted to front 32 psi and back 30 psi...I feel this is ok, and want a bit more traction on the back, (been wet lately!!! it gets tiring!) and have ran previous cars at 32 psi...but as the 172 cup is a fairly track prepped car.
I just feel like getting a heads up and if anyone has other suggestions as to what is best for this particular car than please suggest it to me!

Ideal!

Clio 172 RS2
Don't blame the previous owner... it's your Clio now. LOL

Traction at the back with a frontwheel drive?

172 Cup
The back end is so light I've had it step out on me a couple times already testing the limits. Im no rally driver but I think a bit more surface on the back prevents it slipping out.
There is a place down the road from me who fill up with nitrogen, any good?

M

mini-valver

30 all round is fine for the road. Drop a couple of psi out the fronts if you go for a blast.