ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 172 Stub axles, talk to me?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi there..

Couple of months ago, my father and i replaced the rear disks (+bearing.abs rings) and pads. but when we got them back on, there was a fair bit of play in the drivers side wheel, we thought it was the new bearing that was dodgey so i sent it back and got a new one, fitted it the next weekend but there was/is still alot of play in it.

I think it might be the stub axle that is a bit worn, but what else could it be?

If it is the stub axle then what am i looking for? Ive had a quick look on here and it seems the stubs are different for each diffferent model of RS clio?

If i am going to replace the stubs, should i get new bearings aswell?

Finally, does anyone know how much renault are for new ones?

Thanks, Liam.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I've read about that aswell and when we done the disks etc I never seen any spacer or anything so it possibly wasn't even there to start with, apparent the brakes were 'redone' just before I bought the car but ill get it checked out.

Any idea what the part is called so I can get them from renault?

Cheers!

I'd suggest you go to the dealer and get them to pull up the exploded view of the rear disc, should be fairly easy to spot.

There must be pics on here. BIGASH had a thread recently about getting his rear discs off and I think he had pics.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks mate, phoned renault and they are going to order them in for me so ill get them on friday!

Appreciate the info :)

Liam.