ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph2 dash conversion on ph1

audi a6 3.0tdi
Who has done it and what tips do you have? When taking the ph2 dash out there seemed to be far more screws holding it on than the ph1 dash. Also do the wiring connectors all interchange or will i have to cut and splice ph2 connectors onto the ph1 wires?

audi a6 3.0tdi
I've been playing about a bit today and it seems none of the screw holes line up for the dash on the ph1 mounting frame so to make my life easier i'm just going to fit the ph2 frame. also some of the wiring connectors are different so i'm going to get the connectors off the ph2 loom and splice them on to the ph1.

Also how come on the ph2 dials the rev counter doesn't work when plugged in? is it because the ph2 is fly by wire? the dials are out of a dynamique

a couple of pics of the top dash in place

P1000417.jpg

P1000419.jpg

P1000423.jpg

I'll keep updating this as and when i have done bits

audi a6 3.0tdi
Well the dash is in i've got a few little bits to sort out yet but nearly finished. Also notice the black carpet :)

P1000440.jpg

ph1 performance and ph2 comfort does it get much better?

320d
Looks brilliant Chris. Needs some renaultsport dials in though to finish it off.

Does it rattle? The thing that would put me off is creating even more rattles in the car.

audi a6 3.0tdi
not sure if it rattles yet as i've not driven it. I don't know how long it will last before it gets stripped out again.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Right today all the carpets have been fitted i've sorted the heaters out fitted a passenger seat and seat belt. There are a couple of bits of plastics missing but hopefully i'll be able to get them of jamie tommorow. All thats left to do is to convert various bits of wiring including the electric window switches, hazard light switch and the internal door lock button as these are different on ph1 and ph2.

How it looked a couple of weeks back

SP_A0130.jpg

and nearly finished

P1000467.jpg

P1000466.jpg

I'll miss it being stripped out for the extra speed but at least it won't feel like a shed now :)

audi a6 3.0tdi
I've had to revert back to ph1 dials as none of the guages work on the ph2 ones as they must have different input sensors

Black Clio GT
all that time and work, does it not make you want to keep it??
everytime i fell out of love with my valvers i did some work and cleaning to sell them then fell in love again lol

good luck with the sale bud

I've had to revert back to ph1 dials as none of the guages work on the ph2 ones as they must have different input sensors

Its because the Ph1 clocks work off direct wires to the sensors and ECU (thats how I can run Ph1 dials on my Mk1)....whereas the Mk2 most of it runs through the CAN-BUS and UCH systems, so cant be just put in and wired up :)

audi a6 3.0tdi
never did post up again so here are some pics now

P1000812.jpg

P1000814.jpg

P1000816.jpg

P1000817.jpg

P1000818.jpg

P1000815.jpg

just need door pulls off a ph1 172 so i can fit the standard electric window switches and to fit the drivers seat as the bucket seat is being removed.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Very nice work mate, looks bloody wonderful!

I posted up in another thread, (the interior one but you never answered me) ;)

I PM'd couzens about doing this, but he said some things didnt work and he hadn't got them working yet....

So a few questions if I may...

Have you got the air con working?
How have you done hazzards/CL locking button?
Did the ph2 gear surround go in ok?
Do the clocks work?
How hard was it to do? (I'm pretty handy)

Oh and last one... What is the "Frame"? You said you had to use the ph2 one?

Sorry to ask so damn much but its something I REALLY want to do, just need a bit of a helping hand... :)

EDIT: (Great minds couzens)

audi a6 3.0tdi
Not yet no, i'm going to get my dad to do that i'm shite at anything to with wiring. Its all completly different not even the colours match up which is annoying. Did you manage it in yours?

audi a6 3.0tdi
Very nice work mate, looks bloody wonderful!

I posted up in another thread, (the interior one but you never answered me) ;)

I PM'd couzens about doing this, but he said some things didnt work and he hadn't got them working yet....

So a few questions if I may...

Have you got the air con working?
How have you done hazzards/CL locking button?
Did the ph2 gear surround go in ok?
Do the clocks work?
How hard was it to do? (I'm pretty handy)

Oh and last one... What is the "Frame"? You said you had to use the ph2 one?

Sorry to ask so damn much but its something I REALLY want to do, just need a bit of a helping hand... :)

EDIT: (Great minds couzens)

Sorry i didn't go back in that thread.

i used the ph1 clocks as the ph2 are fly by wire and don't work. the heaters work and so do the fan settings. thhe things that don't work yet are as follows

interior door lock button
recuirculation button
hazzard switch
electric windows switches.

to solve the window switch problem i'm going to use the silver door grabs off a ph1 172 as the door cards are the same shape.

I was going to go for the motorsport look and use toggle switches for the other but now i've got a full interior i'm going to see if i can get the switches working normally.

the centre bit with the surround fits but is not best ever yet so i'm going to find a way of making some support brackets. I didn't need to swap frames i was wrong.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Electric window switches? Aren't they the same? Can't you just pop the switches into the 172 handles? If not I've completely hard wired electric windows into a clio before so I could tell you how to change the wiring etc....

Unless you're local in which case i'd give you a hand wiring them in. (could be done in a couple of hours easy)

Cheers for getting back to me, make sure you update this if you get all of those switches working.....

Oh, one last thing, you say the wiring isnt the same colour, but are there the same amount of wires going to each switch??? As from there you could easily work it out. :)

audi a6 3.0tdi
nope ph1 and ph2 electric window switches are completly different. one set has about 8 wires and the other about 11 and the way they fasten in the door is completly different too.

some of the wires will obviously do the same thing me and a mate had a play but couldn't solve it. my dad should be able to do it he makes amplifiers and modifies cd players so a couple of wires should be nothing to him.

Last edited:
  audi a6 3.0tdi
i sold all my ph1 interior so need to source some handles from somewhere thats what made me do the the ph2 conversion in the first place lol.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Pics of the ph2 switches? I swear they are the same switches just wired in differently?

If you can show me the wiring that goes into the bottom of all the switches i may be able to shed some light... the only thing I'd need to know is what colour wires go straight into the motor from the switch?

With a volt-meter its quite easy to decipher what does what, I had the correct way wrote down at some point.... Unsure if I can find it....

audi a6 3.0tdi
deffinately completly different. i'll try get some pics up tommorow i'd do it now but i've gone over my internet allowance and can't up load pics lol

when i got the interior i cut all the connector blocks off the ph2 loom that i needed hoping it would of been a case of cutting and splicing them in.

Last edited: