ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 172 key problem

clio williams, Ph1 172
done a search and found quite a bit out. But not sure if mines same prob.

Key unlocks and starts car but remote central locking isnt working, light not flashing on it, even when fitting a new battery.

I've bought a second hand key which is in working order I think as the light is flashing, but obviously not programmed to the car.

I am not that fussed about the alarm working, just would be nice to have the central locking working. I'm wondering if the immob has been removed or somethin, or does this just work with the key being in proximity of the car.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Key needs re syncing i expect. 1 Hours labour from Renault (circa £50)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Unsure mate. I'm 99% sure it needs to be a virgin key.

pm lemonnobby1 or AliBailey88 on here. Both Renault Techs.

clio williams, Ph1 172
boo, was only 7 quid to be fair with a new blade so no big deal I know the old keys could be re coded to work with any car. wont it even work to do the central locking even?

Skoda Fabia vRS
nope your spare key wont ever code to your car, you need a new one, you say the light isnt flashing, open the key up and make sure the button has not come away from the circuit board, slide the key apart and then prise the circuit board away from the casing

MERCEDES CLS AMG
066.jpg

067.jpg

068.jpg

One of my keys doesn't unlock the door by remote, light isn't flashing, but does start the car. Key is different to the one above in that one half houses the battery and the other half everything else...I've changed the battery by the way.

Cheers

Jonathan