ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 172

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Yours is a minter mate, seems maybe a bit steep to me though, mine is pretty much mint, but I have 79,000 miles on it. I will only be asking just over £3k. But maybe I am selling myself short at that.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
everyone seems to be unsure on prices......have had someone say it is way overpriced, when i asked how much it should be up for they said they had no idea....lol

ph quick
Mine was up for sale at a g less than that, a few ragged prezza and evo swap offers and took 3 months before someone wanted to view, bad time of year i know but my car is also in very good nick for the year but on 80k s i decided to keep it. I personally think to the right buyer you could get about 500 less than your asking price 3.8ish??

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd say it's a bit high, I picked up a 53 plate 172, 40k miles for 5.5k. I'd drop the price by 5-700 quid. Nice looking example, but it is 7-8 years old.

Bad time of the year to be selling up tbh.
Price wise, peeps on here expect to pay 3k -3.5k tops for one (i'm not kidding either) Personally i'd say put it up for 4k ono & see how that goes.

Where else have you advertised it ??

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Stick it on Pheads, and keep an eye on the french bread forum on there. People often asking about buying 1*2's, no harm in directing them to your add.

Nikon D700
It's a minter - but probably a bit too high. The ph1 are going dirt cheap now - but you should get £3700 - £4000 for it...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i have put it on pistonheads, williamsclio and clio 16 valver

had thought about dropping the price a bit, i will look up that french bread section

320d
well if i could afford to insure it i would have it off you, although personally i'd want it for a bit cheaper more around the £3750 mark because the value of PH2 172's and 182's are droping quickly.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
real shame too, it's a minter

i'd say around £4k tbh

i sold my old one for £3.5k last January!

Silver 172 phs1
i would say its priced a bit too high mate, i bought mine in november last year its 'x reg' and its in absolute mint condition and it was only £3800

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
ok so the overall concencous is its a bit high...perhaps i will look at relisting it with a different price then

tom you asking me about the wheels? if so they are standard

Bit late as most have commented already, but 4k ono imo fella.

Mine sold for 3.9k last month but it wasn't just another standard silver ph 1 if that makes sense.

Cooper S
I would say put it up for £3995 tbh mate....

My mate bought one with 51k on the clock last July for £3600..was a minter too

Chocolate Bar™
Dont think its overly over priced, tis a minter. Maybe about 3.5k mark is more of a starting point?

I can check the book prices for you tomorrow fella but its probably not going to be what you want to hear ?

RB 200 Cup!
im just wodnering if its worth downsizing from my 172 - could have this and free up some cash.....

or do i keep my 172? dilemma dilemmas

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
you would not be dissapointed with the quality of this car mate, justin will confirm this

also it is ment to be a better drivers car than the phase 2's

Chocolate Bar™
wouldnt really call it a down grade, ph1s are great little cars arguably a better drive than the ph2s if without the comfort and the toys

you would not be dissapointed with the quality of this car mate, justin will confirm this

also it is ment to be a better drivers car than the phase 2's

I can confirm it, its mint.

There is not a mark on it, and its a better drivers car than a ph2 172 i should know i have had both a ph1 and a ph2.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I just traded a 2000-X 172 phase 1 that needed about £250 worth of work, with 66000 miles on it for £2200.

By the time thats been prepped/valeted/MOT'd etc, it will owe the guy about £27/2800. It will retail on his pitch for £3999, so IMHO i think your car is a little dear.

BUT! if i was you, considering the miles/condition, i'd not take a penny less than £3800.

(Dejas Vous?! I said all that to you ages ago lol!)

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
It's madness,got to be worth £4000 min! But at the end of the day it's down to supply interest and demand.

I paid £6k for my Xreg admittedly 2 years ago. but with the vaule of the car compared to other I wouldn't sell it.

Wish I was looking for one now I'd rip your arm off!