ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 172's

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
Anyone else noticed the increase in phase 1's being broken for spares? or is it just me?

PH1 loads of boost!
Mine is starting to rott away :(

And you can pick them up that cheap now they're worth more in bits. Going the same way as older cars have been for years.

225 Cup & Williams
Yep alot more seem to be getting broken for spares as WilkyWay says they are worth alot more that way.

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
You have a point, my phase 1 developed a crusty rear arch that i had to sort and seen a few with the same issue. Plus current values of cars seem to have hit rock bottom but the spares market is as good ever!

I have an issue where i want to save them all but my bank balance says no!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Mine are starting to bubble a bit, but for an elevan yr old car its in really good condition. The rust is annoying though

Dan

Mk5 golf gti
Rust? never seen rust on any om my clio's

i do find mud can stick right behind the arch on the lip so best to clean them out properley regulary

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
my rear arches are mint, no rust at all on mine. i do clean it a lot, and it spent most of its like in the south of england, i do also clean the rear arches out a lot with the pressure hose to make sure there is no crud in there, force of habit from owning a clio 16v and a williams a suppose.

PH1 loads of boost!
^^^ I do this also, just out of habit tho. Can't stand dirty arches behind clean wheels :D

Evo 5 RS
Door sills and rear arches are prone on them if you don't clean them out enough. Same with any car though..

Yes more are being broken, that comes with age. Nothing new there

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I'm curious how many are actually left and used daily, mines in good condition considering it's had 9 previous owners lol

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
Mine came through very quick last winter only d/side though, but its used 7 days a wk 20k in a year! so does get used!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
And there's me thinking I was in the minority. It seems a common problem, but lets be fair it is elevan yrs old.

Dan.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Think that has been brought up before mate. Car needs to have full Renault history. Pretty sure not many will have that

Dan

Ph1
Think that has been brought up before mate. Car needs to have full Renault history. Pretty sure not many will have that

Dan

Never knew that mate.

Suppose if you take the cost of main dealer servicing vs cost of rust repairs the latter will be a bargain lol

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
I bought my W plate ph1 last December on 50k completely standard exept a exhaust, 10k on and it's the best car I've owned, gets drove daily too ;)

Ph1 172
mine is on a Y plate so 2001? both rear aches are rust free at the moment, but on the bonnet where the hinges bolt to were so badly rusted that i needed to replace it.

Clio RS 172 Phase 1
My Flame red X'reg 2001 is in good nick by the sounds of it. No rust anywhere. Its just turned 70k miles last week and i do use is as my daily runner too, only sad thing is im about to sell it.

350z, Subaru Legacy
My Flame red X'reg 2001 is in good nick by the sounds of it. No rust anywhere. Its just turned 70k miles last week and i do use is as my daily runner too, only sad thing is im about to sell it.

What you looking to replace it with?