ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1/2 lights onto a ph3

E36 328
Is it a straight swap? obviously with bonnet change as well.
Any wiring or changing of wings required? would the ph3 bumper fit with the ph1/2 lights?

E36 328
yay!! i did search before posting but couldnt find anything, not sure how good the ph3 bumper would look though with the ph1 lights as its not the nicest bumper anyway:S

Can anyone else confirm the above post?

they arent really the nicest lights either though :rasp:

do you actually have a ph3 or are you just swapping bumpers and lights around etc.?

E36 328
iv just bought one, havent picked it up yet but hes throwing in a dented ph1 bonnet and possible some lights with it as well and im just wondering how easy it is to do?

although im not sure i will put the bonnet on as it is a 16v bonnet and the car is a 1.4 and i hate when people put higher spec badges on their car and this is pretty much the same!

Last edited:
  ValverInBits
Hold up a min here.

MK2 Ph1
and MK2 PH2
have completely different headlight clusters. I should imagine if you want Ph1 lights on a Ph3 (campus) or Ph2 then you need, bonnet, bumper and wings.

Am I missing something?

wiring would be different too. There is a wiring difference between Ph1 sport and non sport FFS!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
i completely mis read the post lol. thought he was on about rear lights :s (been a long day lol)but yeh, what point8 says - would be alot of hassle. its the mk2 ph2&3 that are basically identical - PH1 there are alot of variences

E36 328
what the hel are you guys on about since when did the mk2 have a ph3 and when did it have a 16v that i would mention puttin a bonnet on from?

lol im talkin about mk1s!

and why would it matter if i changed the bonnet if it was rear lights lol

330Ci (Fail)Sport
LOL @ everyone getting confused.

At a guess and I stress a guess, weren't all mk1 parts the same size?

Right to clear things up, you can fit phase 1 or 2 headlights to a mk1 phase 3 car, you will need the phase 1/2 bonnet (which you have)

Front bumper wise, the mk1 phase 3 has a built in grill, so you can leave that bit.

As for wiring it all up, i've no idea, but i've seen it done.