ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 Bumper Sagging

On the hunt!
Just to check, is this a common problem with these, or is it possibly a badly fitting pattern part? The bumper seems to have slipped by a few mm in each side. Is it a simple process to tighten and reposition?

Thanks and apologies if there are similar threads. I couldn’t find anything.
513dba1cd36cf5f9daad3e242f6caf81.jpg

3cfcd33b6179b7861afd0d2658723d48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
These bumpers are a poor design and a fair few look bad because of it. There are 2 prongs at the front that you can manipulate to get your bumper up higher, however your likely to end up with a gap by the front headlights. Again that gap is quite common!

On the hunt!
These bumpers are a poor design and a fair few look bad because of it. There are 2 prongs at the front that you can manipulate to get your bumper up higher, however your likely to end up with a gap by the front headlights. Again that gap is quite common!

Thanks mate. That’s really helpful!

Could I ask a favour? Would you be able to post a pic of roughly where these prongs are located?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
they're rubbish really for fitment

ideally you want to take it off completely and check the condition of all the mounts

also with the front sagging like that it looks like could be missing the front tray from the bottom of the bumper to the subframe that acts as a support to keep the front up

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
Thanks mate. That’s really helpful!

Could I ask a favour? Would you be able to post a pic of roughly where these prongs are located?

As it happens my bumper is off, so I will send over the pics tonight. You can see the bolts from the front though, just under the bonnet to the left and right.

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
also with the front sagging like that it looks like could be missing the front tray from the bottom of the bumper to the subframe that acts as a support to keep the front up

That is a bloody good shout!

On the hunt!
That is a bloody good shout!

I’ve just checked and it looks to me like the tray and the bolts are all present and intact. It may just need me to play around with it, but please do post those pics. [emoji1360]

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
I’ve just checked and it looks to me like the tray and the bolts are all present and intact. It may just need me to play around with it, but please do post those pics. [emoji1360]

Pm me your number and I shall WhatsApp it.