ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 Fuel Pressure Regulator Question

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Ok, the X reg shell runs the fuel in and return which I believe to be correct and used the FPR. The Y reg phase 1 shell only has the fuel in and no FPR in the injector rail.

Is it just a case of me fitting an injector rail with an FPR then running the pipe to the inlet or is there more to it with the FPR? Are there any wires attached to it from the engine loom?

No wires from the FPR to the loom no, you would probably have to use the older Ph1 pump (where the reg was on the rail) if you want to run it like that, as its in the tank/pump on the feed only setups I think

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Blue is Y reg, White is X reg

I'd have to swap the fuel senders over and fuel lines to gofrom the old blue shell as I'm using the engine from the blue shell. Or change the fuel rail to run 1 with an FPR

172 Race Car
Yreg phase 1's are like a phase 1.5. more emmision regs came in in 2001 so they have some phase 2 bits on them

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
So, to convert my 'later' F4R to run a true phase 1 fuel setup that's already in place in the white shell I can fit a phase 1 fuel injector rail with the FPR in the rail?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
if the white car has a feed and return just fit the fuel rail with the fpr in it, or take the fuel pump and lines out of the blue one and fit them with your non fpr fuel rail

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I'm swapping most of the parts from the Y reg blue Clio 172 into the X reg white Clio 172. I assumed that as they were both phase 1 models there wouldn't be any difference to any of the parts or setups. So far it's been the case until we noticed that the X reg has both fuel and fuel return and uses the FPR in the injector rail. The later Y reg only has the fuel supply line to the rail.

Could i blank off the fuel return on the white X reg or run it to a breather, and still use the fuel supply pipe to the injector rail as normal?. I'm guessing the FPR in the early 172s are in the tank?