ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 GT Turbo

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Here are some pics of my new GT Turbo. She has had a glass out respray and is mint, really really good job. Body kit is mint, and this for you that know means mint.

There is no rust anywhere, floor under or in car, no seal rust, no rear arch rust, no front end rust, wings etc, nothing. Never been welded! Will put a pic up of the floor when I remove carpet tomorrow.

Not without its niggles, downpipe had no bolts to turbo which explained the blowing noise and fumes in car.... Rear exhaust come apart on way home. Interior needs a little work (I have original seats), and engine bay needs finishing off, but one hell of a base to work on, well chuffed.

Lots of parts on the way, rod ends, lower arms, door cards, red carpet, willy wheels, side decals. Common postman!

Just need to source coilovers and a few other bits.

Couple of quick pics
image.jpg

image_zpsbza3ldub.jpg

image_zpseqtystqa.jpg

Look's mint, i prefer the PH2's personally, but I'd buy either on condition etc, etc.. if was in the market.

I actually bought an old Performance Car Magazine a few days ago which had the hot hatch group test with the PH1 and few others, it got rave reviews back then and they timed it at 6.9 to 60! that's very quick even today!

cc1cee36b028c5f0e1cfa42b11c70c28.jpg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well stripped the interior out today due to the arrival of a red carpet. Spent 4hrs cleaning the carpet, comes out reallllll good.
No rust anywhere in the usual places, f**king chuffed to bits.

IMG_6028.JPG
IMG_6031.JPG
IMG_6022.JPG
IMG_6023.JPG
IMG_6028.JPG

Loads of pics.
IMG_6023.JPG
IMG_6022.JPG
IMG_6031.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6025.JPG
    IMG_6025.JPG
    915.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6015.JPG
    IMG_6015.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6016.JPG
    IMG_6016.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6017.JPG
    IMG_6017.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6020.JPG
    IMG_6020.JPG
    856.1 KB · Views: 56

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Willis on, just waiting for coilovers so I can lower the car 2".

All suspension refresh parts arrived today, just want the decals to arrive now.

Once the above is fitted & adjusted, that's the exterior done :)

Was at funeral today so got nothing done, however I did pop the ends of the rear beam to access the torsion bars, usually these are rusted pretty badly, mine are like new! chuffed.

11057503_10152876552948450_4034606273057298730_o.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Oooft you've done well there...

Willy wheels need to be silver.

I think personally it would have to be original ph1 alloys or 16v steelies but that's my taste...

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Surely as standard as possible is the only way to go with this?

My thoughts exactly! I'd be changing the wheels and definately doing something with the MASSIVE exhaust!

Other than that - love it!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Wheels stay and exhaust as its running well over 200bhp. Coilovers to go on next. Only exterior difference wheel be wheels and exhaust, interior will be standard.

I reckon it'll look a lot better dropped. I'm not sure where you're going with it though mate :confused: standard inside but modded outside. I'd put the standard seats away & get a couple of nice buckets in there.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Wheels stay and exhaust as its running well over 200bhp. Coilovers to go on next. Only exterior difference wheel be wheels and exhaust, interior will be standard.

Coilovers are pony, avos rot up and looks skanky, gaz are rock hard and don't seem to last long before leaking.. The best allrounder seems to be yellow koni's with the lowering springs of choice on the front... They did have them on Rtoc for £450 at the moment in the club shop, they should be less with club discounts...

I have a set on mine and a new set as spare..

I agree that the original wheels looks great on the car, but with the original wheels being skinny, it's nice to have the extra grip that the 15's offer...

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I reckon it'll look a lot better dropped. I'm not sure where you're going with it though mate :confused: standard inside but modded outside. I'd put the standard seats away & get a couple of nice buckets in there.

Only mods on the outside is the wheels.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Forgot about that ; -) it ain't that big.

I can't stop myself, I have a sidey, which when paired to my huge turbo and 1 piece bms downpipe creates a noise that would make a boy racer jizz in his pants...

For rear exit purposes I got a gtt tuning rear exit off eBay a little while back, it's like brand new and I can fist the tailpipe...

It's total 90s retro, the whole image from my teens was OE looking Renault 5 gt turbos rolling on 15" wheels (normally tsw blades) lowered with 3 or 4" scorpion exhausts..

The car looks awesome, it's like it's been locked away since 1995...

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It's total 90s retro, the whole image from my teens was OE looking Renault 5 gt turbos rolling on 15" wheels (normally tsw blades) lowered with 3 or 4" scorpion exhausts..

The car looks awesome, it's like it's been locked away since 1995...
This is exactly my memory of R5's as well! Lol! Majority of the ones were either tungys or the navy blue raiders near me with a token white one thrown in the mix.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looks awesome!

A mate is currently doing a full restore on a phase 2 gt turbo in grey. I can't wait for him to get it back out on the road.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
image.jpg
image.jpg

My current one since 2009 or 2008, 80k, low previous owners, £1000 as it was stripped and needs paint.. Ran it a while but it's sat in the garage ever since..

Vw t6
Hello mate bought this little beauty 20 years ago and had the pleasure of owning it for 13 odd years. Fair play on keeping her so tidy the reason underneath is so fresh is after 4 headgaskets I gave up on her for about ten years and stored up in various garages. If ever you do sell keep me in mind mate. Keep up the good work . Keith