ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 reving 1.5k touch gas pedal and normal revs

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
I have a small problem with the sunflower. Sometimes when the engine is idleing the gas keeps reving around 1.5~2k
When i give a small tick at the pedal it returns back to normal.

I now the fibre optic cable is well known to fail, but here's the deal i just replaced it for a brand new original renault one 2 hours ago.
The problem remains. I have to say the pedal is real lose as well, all the bolts on the pedal are ok and mounted correctly.

Isn't there a part i'm missing ? Doesn't the pedal use a spring of somekind ?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fibre optic cable??? :S

Your throttle body is probably sticking. Theres a guide on here somewhere how to remove/clean/re-oil.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Fibre optic cable??? :S

Your throttle body is probably sticking. Theres a guide on here somewhere how to remove/clean/re-oil.

Oh made a typo ;) its a fibre cable (forget the optical ....... its not a stereo :clown:)
Will give this a go, but this should have already been done by the dealer i bought the car from a few weeks back (was in the contract).

53 Clio's & counting
Serch the guides mate, i made one years ago to solve this, its the cable butterfly spindle sticking, and by just touching the throttle slightly moves it enough to drop the revs back down.

though heed what i say in the guide - do not usexwd40 or any other same based fluid - it will just evaporate away - you need decent oil/grease and need to soak it in - it will sort it