ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 VS Phase 2... GO!

That suprise me a bit ^^

I just don't buy into this whole 'zOMG it's raw' thing.

It's a little French car. It wasn't designed to be any of these words that people come out with to try and justify why their version is better.

Maybe if you really do drive at 10/10ths then maybe you can say either one is better but driving like that, it won't be long before you're in a field. Upside down.

Both are fun modestly quick cars that handle quite well. If you sat someone in one, with the same dash and they couldn't see outside, I don't think many would know for 10000% certainty which they were driving.

Plus the Ph2 has a better dash, xenons, climate and it looks better from the outside. Ph1 wins on wheels though.

S3, Polo
Phase 2.

The interior of a Phase 1 is like walking into a house that hasn't been updated since the 80's - If pressed, the best I can say about it is the gear-knob looks good.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
ph1's are cool from the outside, ph2's are better in general. Cups all have cheap interiors and smell of wet dog

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I really want to update the interior on my Phs1, but I cant justify the cost of a full swap.

120d M Sport
I just don't buy into this whole 'zOMG it's raw' thing.

It's a little French car. It wasn't designed to be any of these words that people come out with to try and justify why their version is better.

Maybe if you really do drive at 10/10ths then maybe you can say either one is better but driving like that, it won't be long before you're in a field. Upside down.

Both are fun modestly quick cars that handle quite well. If you sat someone in one, with the same dash and they couldn't see outside, I don't think many would know for 10000% certainty which they were driving.

Plus the Ph2 has a better dash, xenons, climate and it looks better from the outside. Ph1 wins on wheels though.

Im sure you will testify that a 172 of either variety is not raw... A 106 gti on the other hand!!

Love my ph1, like danny says they do everything so well. That said I also admire the ph2 but couldn't justify changing to one.

Interior comments I never get, much prefer the clocks, centre console and gearknob on the ph1, hate that droopy saggy glovebox that affects seemingly all ph2 models.