ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Philips Hue and Living colours

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Added some of these smart plugs from Lidl to my hue set up. They work pretty well and connected quick and easy. Also for £8 they are a bit of a bargain. I’m going to look at the rest of their range to see what they have to offer.

image.jpg

The only issue I have is that they don’t work with Apple HomeKit through hue, I assume you need to use the standalone Lidl bridge for that. Although there is a workaround with homebridge and raspberry pi but I know bugger all about them and coding.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Added some of these smart plugs from Lidl to my hue set up. They work pretty well and connected quick and easy. Also for £8 they are a bit of a bargain. I’m going to look at the rest of their range to see what they have to offer.

View attachment 1510074

The only issue I have is that they don’t work with Apple HomeKit through hue, I assume you need to use the standalone Lidl bridge for that. Although there is a workaround with homebridge and raspberry pi but I know bugger all about them and coding.
Unless the accessories specifically support HomeKit, you won’t be able to control via HomeKit or Siri without using homebridge

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Unless the accessories specifically support HomeKit, you won’t be able to control via HomeKit or Siri without using homebridge

Yeah I wasn’t aware of this at time of purchase, but as I mentioned I’m going to have to use homebridge. Certainly will be useful and will save me a fortune if I can get it all working together.

I have found this video which goes through the steps of installing on a pi so gonna get one ordered.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Wife has approved me getting involved with smart lighting.

So just need a Hue Bridge and build from there?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Wife has approved me getting involved with smart lighting.

So just need a Hue Bridge and build from there?
Get a starter kit of choice, and then just add individual bulbs from there. Or if you get extra starter kits cheap enough, sell the bridge on eBay to get a bit back

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Not into the colours so works for me.

Main plan is for soft lighting when the baby arrives and general laziness on an evening.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I have the bluetooth only bulbs. No bridge. Very rarely use the colours but voice activated is handy

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Can anyone tell me if the sunrise and sunset feature still works on the white ambiance bulbs or if you need full colour ones for that?

I've got cheapo wifi bulbs in my bedside lights at the moment but their lowest brightness setting still feels like someones inserted the sun into my room at 6 in the morning. I'd like some hue lights to match the others I have around the house but CBA spending 50 quid on a pair of E14 full colour ones.