ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Philips Hue and Living colours

Old Tarby!

ClioSport Moderator
Price depends on which bulbs come in your starter kit.
Also, some are white only bulbs, which are much cheaper than the full colour ones

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Wanting to get involved in this..

Ive got two Alexa’s, one in the lounge and one in the main bedroom, and want a light controlled by voice in the lounge and bedroom.

I understand I need a starter kit.. why is one £35 on Amazon then others £80etc. I dont want a dimmer switch, just voice control.
The latest bulbs can work with just Bluetooth and a separate Philips app and some of the echo's with zigbee built in will also control them without the hub but they are both quite limited with what they'll do and how many bulbs you can have. Things like home/away/routines settings, Hue sync, dimmers, motion sensors, all the other apps for them etc...

On black friday you'll get 3 colour bulbs, hub and another echo or google mini for around £80-90 so that's the best way to go.
Don't discount the dimmers either. They work much better than voice control in most situations imo.

I've replaced most of my switches with these now!

20191111_192342.jpg

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Home/away so they turn on when you pull up outside your house and off when you go out. Creating scenes once you have a few lights in one room. You can have them flash when you receive texts, face book alerts etc. You can get them to warn you when your misses is nearly home, disco functions and loads of other pointless (sort off) stuff lol.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
But then what’s the point of them if you dont use voice control?
I think it's a novelty that wears off pretty quickly. It is pretty neat being able to say "turn the lights on" or "set heating to twenty degrees" but I don't even use the phone apps for hue or nest any more. It's switches only.

I have this thing that site on the coffee table I use, no batteries either. It generates WiFi power with the energy to push the button.

15735037814059142914383070805349.jpg

The pir motion sensor for hue is pretty good too, I have it near the front door and lights up the hallway if it's dark and senses motion.

Old Tarby!

ClioSport Moderator
But then what’s the point of them if you dont use voice control?
I just control mine from my phone. Got a widget at top of my home screen
Screenshot_20191111_204219_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg

The IFTTT stuff is pretty good aswell. If my phone rings then it'll flash a certain light etc. You can also set it so that if your Mrs pulls up outside and her phone joins the WiFi then it'll flash all lights. Stuff like that is pretty good.

Disco mode is also impressive, but again, a novelty that quickly wears off