ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Philips Hue and Living colours

Inferno 182 CUP
Found out I get 10% discount on accessories through the Apple Store (work scheme), so ordered two nest smoke alarms and now trying to work out what lighting to buy.

Order me 2 please lol or lend me your account to buy 2 with [emoji106][emoji16]

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Picked up two blooms today while they're on offer in curry's.

Need to order a bridge now and some bulbs. I also want an Iris or two aswell!

Can see this getting expensive! Lol!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Awesome. Something I found that helps is using uk.camelcamelcamel.com to track the prices of the lights , you create an account and then add the amazon links to what you want to track. It will also tell you previous prices if stuff.
This is it for the Iris:
QOrXZAm.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Awesome. Something I found that helps is using uk.camelcamelcamel.com to track the prices of the lights , you create an account and then add the amazon links to what you want to track. It will also tell you previous prices if stuff.
This is it for the Iris:
QOrXZAm.jpg
That's handy, cheers mate. Does it alert you once something drops below a set price?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
That's handy, cheers mate. Does it alert you once something drops below a set price?
It emails you. Add all the different lights you like and then forget about it. It will email you when they are cheap. use the graph to determine your minimum price you want to pay.

SQ5
Suffered a hour long talk at a conference about these once before about how they reduced violence and improved safety for mental health patients. I liked the idea of them before for the house, got hugely put off them after that. Philips still owe me a hour of my life!

Was that with Philips?

I had the same on a training course for Philips Dynalite

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Picked up two blooms today while they're on offer in curry's.

Need to order a bridge now and some bulbs. I also want an Iris or two aswell!

Can see this getting expensive! Lol!
Did you get the living colors blooms or the hues - Ive got a load of remotes if you need one till you get the hue bridge if you want me to post one to you.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Did you get the living colors blooms or the hues - Ive got a load of remotes if you need one till you get the hue bridge if you want me to post one to you.
I got just a bloom on its own for now as it was on offer in curry's. Gonna get a few more before I buy a bridge, or buy a starter set in a few months time.

Didn't realise the bloom would be useless until I have the bridge lol. Would a remote let me use it for the time being? If so, how much do you want for one mate?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Yeah, remote lets you use it till you get a bridge. Dont want anything for the remote, Pm your address.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
@james24785 Price of the Iris lights has dropped, got an email off camelcamelcamel
Philips LivingColors Iris Colour Changing Mood Light - Clear (Integrated 1 x 10 Watts LED Bulb, Remote Control)
The Amazon Price for Philips LivingColors Iris Colour Changing Mood Light - Clear (Integrated 1 x 10 Watts LED Bulb, Remote Control) has dropped at Amazon and is now £2.01 below your desired price.

31VCNu6%2BXkL._SL160_.jpg
Desired PriceCurrent PriceDifferencePurchase at Amazon
£60.00 £57.99
Information current as of Feb 05, 2015 04:37 PM, GMT.Or view the price history before buying
Amazon Price History
amazon.png

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
@james24785 Price of the Iris lights has dropped, got an email off camelcamelcamel
Philips LivingColors Iris Colour Changing Mood Light - Clear (Integrated 1 x 10 Watts LED Bulb, Remote Control)
The Amazon Price for Philips LivingColors Iris Colour Changing Mood Light - Clear (Integrated 1 x 10 Watts LED Bulb, Remote Control) has dropped at Amazon and is now £2.01 below your desired price.

31VCNu6%2BXkL._SL160_.jpg
Desired PriceCurrent PriceDifferencePurchase at Amazon
£60.00 £57.99
Information current as of Feb 05, 2015 04:37 PM, GMT.Or view the price history before buying
Amazon Price History
amazon.png
Gus, this will work with the WiFi bridge, yes?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Gus, this will work with the WiFi bridge, yes?
Yes will work no problem, all you do is scan for lights form the hue app and there is a small chance it will show up - if it doesnt then you just enter the serial number from the little tag on the power cable into the app manually.

I dont know why Philips dont advertise that "livingcolors" and "Hue" lights are the same. guess they charge more for Hue ones.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Yes will work no problem, all you do is scan for lights form the hue app and there is a small chance it will show up - if it doesnt then you just enter the serial number from the little tag on the power cable into the app manually.

I dont know why Philips dont advertise that "livingcolors" and "Hue" lights are the same. guess they charge more for Hue ones.
Cheers mate, I'll get one ordered then

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Got 2/3 of mine up and running now (no more screw in connections lol) and I'm having a party at the weekend... looking for something to make them slowly fade through all the colours. Got an app called Hue Party which works well, but the lights aren't in sync! Each one runs through its own colour cycle independently and it doesn't create a very nice effect throughout the flat. Anyone recommend an app that's tried a tested or something else cool I could do? Don't mind paying for an app if it works well!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hard to get pictures as we only have one bulb in the hallway and one more in the living room.

Anyway after plenty of research it came down to one of two apps: Ambify or Hue Disco. Went for the Disco one as it's the only app I could find that syncs perfectly, really happy with it for a couple of quid!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Hard to get pictures as we only have one bulb in the hallway and one more in the living room.

Anyway after plenty of research it came down to one of two apps: Ambify or Hue Disco. Went for the Disco one as it's the only app I could find that syncs perfectly, really happy with it for a couple of quid!
Hue disco is a cool little app. Strobe feature good for a laugh.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Anywhere offering any decent deals on these at the minute? I need to grow my collection

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Got one of those too, had to join the wait list though. Last year in black friday it was only £69. Got a Bloom earlier this week for £30 too.
Where from Gus?

Looks like I'm gonna have to sign up to Prime lol

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Its from the amazon.co.uk homepage, there are 250 pages of lightning deals and you have to go through them all. Sometimes Amazon are sneaky and shove something good in there at the last minute.
Where from Gus?

Looks like I'm gonna have to sign up to Prime lol

Listerine & Poledo
All that room is lacking is a sticky floor and it totally nails the Asian-night-club-VIP room feel
:up:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Oui monsieur , regard de boîte de nuit asiatique était exactement ce que je visais
All that room is lacking is a sticky floor and it totally nails the Asian-night-club-VIP room feel
:up:

Listerine & Poledo
Oui monsieur , regard de boîte de nuit asiatique était exactement ce que je visais
Я могу себе представить, что дамы считают наиболее возбуждающим , товарищ

Reactions: Gus

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
No disco was only after I got the hue bridge, before that it was just the remote with colour wheel and a few presets.

If im honest I do miss the remote, it works so well. Now I have to use my phone to turn them on and off which is a bit of a pain . you can buy a special remote called a 'tap' but its not cheap and no where near as good.
Youtube is on a go slow tonight 89 minutes remain till its uploaded.

Got my bridge today and all setup apart from one of the earlier gen 2's I have.

Also thought you might be interested to know that you can link in the remote as well as the app. just follow this how to:cool:.

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Got my bridge today and all setup apart from one of the earlier gen 2's I have.

Also thought you might be interested to know that you can link in the remote as well as the app. just follow this how to:cool:.

That is awesome im going to give it a go on my second bridge tonight.
I ended up buying the 'Tap' in the end which is almost as good as the remote.

Cayman S Edition 1
Finally ordered some of this stuff after a year of faffing about.

Bridge 2.0
2m strip light (for the tv)
1 x coloured bulb for an uplighter
1 x Iris colour 10w mood light

Sadly the bridge and strip light are out of stock so unsure as to when they'll arrive. But at least I can try out the iris tomorrow.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Amazon have currently got a 2 bloom starter kit for £100.

Ordered one the other day and it came today. Going to get it setup tomorrow when I get five.

Currently have 3 blooms and 2 iris.

I want a lightstrip and 2 more blooms. Only interested in doing the living/dining room. I'd do the kitchen but the GU10s are too pricey

Cayman S Edition 1
Amazon have currently got a 2 bloom starter kit for £100.

Ordered one the other day and it came today. Going to get it setup tomorrow when I get five.

Currently have 3 blooms and 2 iris.

I want a lightstrip and 2 more blooms. Only interested in doing the living/dining room. I'd do the kitchen but the GU10s are too pricey
I also ordered the blooms over xmas, another bulb (for my office) and the light strip arrived yesterday which I've put behind the to, although it needs another 1m to do it properly. Absolutely love the whole set up now.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I also ordered the blooms over xmas, another bulb (for my office) and the light strip arrived yesterday which I've put behind the to, although it needs another 1m to do it properly. Absolutely love the whole set up now.
You all set up via your phone now?

I can't wait get the bridge setup tomorrow and link them all. Just wish they were half the price so I could do the whole house lol

Cayman S Edition 1
You all set up via your phone now?

I can't wait get the bridge setup tomorrow and link them all. Just wish they were half the price so I could do the whole house lol
Yeah when I ordered the blooms I bought them with a bridge as the other one was out of stock. Found loads of cool themes on the Philips hue site which I've tweaked a bit. My fav is a virgin Atlantic one:)