ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phones 4 u buying out contract.

A4 Avant
I'm currently on Orange and have broken my phone. I'm on a 12 month contract with just over 4 months left.

Phones 4 u have offered to buy me out of my contract. I need to keep my mobile number. What they explained seemed really quite complicated.

Has anyone else done this? Was it easy and worth the hassle?

A4 Avant
They've offered me £125 to buy my old contract out. K850i for free on vodafone for £35 a month, which is the same as I'm on now and it's another 12 month contract.

It's the transfering number and paying off the old account that seems difficult.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Personally (And i have worked in that industry for about 5 years on and off, been a manager for carphone and even during a brief spell worked for P4U) I wouldn't.

No operator i know of will release a number whilst still in an active contract, P4U's method is shaky and personally i wouldn't risk ever buying from them or their subsidiaries.

Dyson
I've done it twice now. THEY CAN GIVE UPTO £100 PER DEAL!

Haggle with them, they will crack

I got a N95 when they 1st came out and got £100 cash in hand!

A4 Avant
Hmm, it does seem really a really dodgey way of doing things. They keep glossing over the details. I really don't want to lose my number, but they assured me I won't.

VW Golf TDI
they bought me out of my old contract they will try to get you to go on t mobile, I got another orange one from them. They give you the cash out the till too !!!

A4 Avant
That was my original plan to buy a PAYG and use my sim, but phones for you were trying to steer me in the contract direction instead.

Thanks for the link Tom, is that the best phone for under £50?

I still have my old N80, but it's started doing some wierd things so need to get something sorted soon!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No there are way better for under £50, thats just a quick option.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Thats not bad, stick a wanted ad up on here and pick up a bargain.

Ultra Red Clio 197
I did this, I was told I had 3 months left on my contract by the guy in phones 4 u. He called up t-mobile to find out. so he then changed my old tariff to the lowest available to £15 a month from £35 and gave me the cash from the till (£50) to pay off my contract. All seemed good but then I found out I actually had 6 months on my contract left so the guy in the shop had lied to me.. I should have known myself to be honest how much I had left to go on my contract so maybe I was partly to blame, but anyway, I contacted phones4u via email through their website and they sent me a cheque to cover the rest of my old contract.

I called t-mobile up.. explained that I wanted to end my contract and wanted to keep my number. (ive had the same number for years, so that was important to me) I paid them the line rental to the end of my contract with the money phones4u gave me and they released my number so that I could transfer it to my new orange contract.

In the end it all worked out well and was easy. the only glitch was phones4u only telling me I had 3 months left when I actually had 6!