ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photo - copy right advice wantd asap

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i'd feel proud that they used my picture, its a compliment.

If you don't have a site selling said photograph and they ahve obtained it without payment then i really wouldn't worry about it.

With images on the net these days, its very difficult to actually prevent anyone from doing this type of thing and trying to get them to pay for it or remove it is going to be more hassle than its worth really.

yes it is worth it!

why should someone else take credit for my hard work

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
But tbf, he's not selling the photograph, he's just using it as something pretty on his s**tty website, thereby not making money from the photo itself.

i know but you know what i mean, hes selling a service

172 Cup
He claims to be a member of the ILDA- http://www.laserist.org/

He also states that your photo is an example of his work which is a bit cheekier than simply using it on the front page to look nice. (Something I didn't realise before).

These are some shots of some of our shows done at various events in the UK

Blatant lie on his behalf ^^^

If he doesn't reply to your email why not get in touch with the ILDA and say that he's misrepresenting his products/service by using your photo as an example of his business.

I was surprised last week when I saw one of my pictures in the BTCC Programme at Oulton Park. Wasn't one of my better pictures and I'd only sent it to one person, but it somehow ended up in there. I'd have been more pleased if it'd included a photo credit, but you can't have everything in life.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
He claims to be a member of the ILDA- http://www.laserist.org/

He also states that your photo is an example of his work which is a bit cheekier than simply using it on the front page to look nice. (Something I didn't realise before).

If he doesn't reply to your email why not get in touch with the ILDA and say that he's misrepresenting his products/service by using your photo as an example of his business.

example or not i dont want him using it.

didnt think of that, many thanks

I was surprised last week when I saw one of my pictures in the BTCC Programme at Oulton Park. Wasn't one of my better pictures and I'd only sent it to one person, but it somehow ended up in there. I'd have been more pleased if it'd included a photo credit, but you can't have everything in life.

Now imagine having almost 10 images in a major feature in a major magazine, WITHOUT any credit! That seriously fuked me off!! :mad:

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
LOL

yeah over the years a few people on CS have helped me with my site, which im very greatful for and this is just another example of you guys helping me.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
dick around with lasers.

although yesterday i did a music video, 11 hours of filming pfffffffffff

gona start up a new web site soon offering laser shows. i know i have it on my current site, but its a bit poo and have never been contacted LOL.

So I assume you do similar things, and he's just stole one of your photos to put on his site.

Soz for being slow, but I didnt really look into the sites much, I just gave advice on my past experiences :)

172 Cup
So I assume you do similar things, and he's just stole one of your photos to put on his site.

That what I originally thought but he's using Andy's pic as en example of the service his business provides. Bit more serious than simply using a pic unfortunately.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182

Soz for being slow, but I didnt really look into the sites much, I just gave advice on my past experiences :)

ummm not really, so far all the sutff ive done is hobby stuff. making lasers mixing colours etc.

yesterday was my first paying show/thing

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
REPLY BY LASER TECH

Hello Andy,

Thanks for your email and bringing this to our attention. This is not the first time the person in charge of our web design has used someone else image. So I apologize about this. I will contact him tomorrow and ask him to remove this.

Kind Regards,

i smell bull s**t, what about my photo on your youtube account c**t!

dk

911 GTS Cab
REPLY BY LASER TECH

Hello Andy,

Thanks for your email and bringing this to our attention. This is not the first time the person in charge of our web design has used someone else image. So I apologize about this. I will contact him tomorrow and ask him to remove this.

Kind Regards,

i smell bull s**t, what about my photo on your youtube account c**t!
at least they bothered to reply, and pretty damn quickly and said they will do something about it, result i'd say.

172 Cup
time for something i tell ya!

are my photos really that good that everyone wants to use them?!

It only takes seconds Andy so you might as well watermark them as you go along..

Even something basic like this will help -

laserman.jpg

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
yeah i think thats a good idea from now on.

its just a pain going through the existing ones and doing it

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ive got another program i use, which can do it.

its just the fact of find time to do it, but i will after what ive seen today

Bus w**ker
Time for watermarking.
Didn't stop PFC using some of mine. :(

The cheeky c***s just cropped the bottom of the images off and printed them without even a mention of my name lol. Should of chased it but I didn't find out until months later and never got a note of the issue number when I was shown, red mist descended. :eek:

Megane Mk4
Copyright is copyright at the end of the day. Even if you've still given permission, (like I have on this photograph that someone used in a video for 4/10ths second) they are still there for the protection of the original artist/creator. Same rules apply online as it does in the 'real' world.

This example makes it the more laughable as the website concerned even placed a watermark on the photo too! That would seriously annoy me, I personally don't mind people using my photo's, as long as they ask first. If anything it's just courteous and manners.. If in the very least you want crediting for the work if they're going to use the images.