ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography apps for mac mini

Hi folks

thought this question was more suit here than the apple section

i bought myself a mac mini yesterday and my looking for some good apps for photography and videos that don't cost a fortune….i will be install my copy of elements and premiere

Does anyone have any other suggests?

Cheers Wayne

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Lightroom?
I know a few on here use GIMP but I'm not keen on it personally.

You can get Adobe CC for a monthly fee now too, unless you know anyone with a free copy.

Not sure what else there is, especially for Apple products.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Well the two worth looking at are Apple’s Aperture, and Adobe’s Lightroom. I have the latter and it’s fantastic. Buy cheap, buy twice as they say, so go the extra and get Lightroom in my opinion.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Lightroom doesn't call back to check codes unlike every other Adobe programme, so if you know someone with a spare copy, you should be OK...

I used to own an 'ahem' copy of lightroom on my PC but since moving to Mac I didn't have that option and now pay the adobe cc for Photoshop and lightroom £8.90 a month.

Definitely Lightroom, I messed around with Pixelmator and a bunch of others for a while, but in hindsight I should have just paid up for Lightroom straight away.

Snapseed is very good for quick processing, unfortunately it's no longer available as an App.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I guess it depends what you want. I've used Lightroom on PC but purchased Aperture with my MBP and I prefer that... Each to their own though.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I used to use GIMP but moved over to PS CS5 and Lightroom the other day.

If you learn the basics in GIMP (free), it structures your learning and understanding in something like Photoshop.