ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography Chat and Questions Thread

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Will need to take a look at Ta;k Photography, never heard of it before!

It’s a good forum, the Classifieds section on there is brilliant, in fact most of my gear I have now was bought from the Classifieds on there.

The forum sections themselves are good although there are some on there that can have conflicting tastes so you have to take comments with a pinch of salt sometimes.

I like Talk Photography for getting ideas and learning how to do different techniques as well.
There are some really amazing photographers of all different types on there.
Classifieds are great too and like Niall, I've had quite a lot of equipment from there over the years!

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
A quick one for the Lens gurus, since getting my Tamron 70-300mm I find my self not wanting to use my kit lens as much because the images are just not as crisp, not even close. This is okay some of the time but when I want to shoot for at example a car show like FCS, CSS etc the 70-300 isn't exactly ideal.

What lens would you buy that would give me the nice crisp, sharpe images I am after but without being too 'zoomed in' (sorry I didn't know how to word it any better)

:)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
A quick one for the Lens gurus, since getting my Tamron 70-300mm I find my self not wanting to use my kit lens as much because the images are just not as crisp, not even close. This is okay some of the time but when I want to shoot for at example a car show like FCS, CSS etc the 70-300 isn't exactly ideal.

What lens would you buy that would give me the nice crisp, sharpe images I am after but without being too 'zoomed in' (sorry I didn't know how to word it any better)

Post up some examples.. it's probably user error :rasp:

What's your budget ?

30mm Sigma f/1.4 - ~£300 ... or (and I wouldn't TBH) 50mm Canon f/1.8 ~£90. Or a 10-20 Sigma but keep it over f/8.

Italian 3.2 V6
Canon 50mm f/1.8 Is a great lens for this, I used mine LOADS for this kinda stuff. I have one lying about too which isn't any use to me anymore (sold the rest of my gear).

This was taken with the 50mm and a 1000d body.
9106666137_ab93630dff_c.jpg

Untitled by Piers Hodgson, on Flickr

Check out my Flickr (page 3 onwards) as I have LOADS of pics with this lens to see image quality.

msg me if your interested

Tamron 17-50 2.8

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
as above try and find a 35mm or a 50mm, I would try and find a 35mm over a 50mm if you are using it on a crop sensor. I assume you are shooting canon?

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Get a Nikon AF-S 35mm F1.8G, fantastic lens for the money, I had one on my Nikon crop body a good while ago. You can pick them up for £100 second hand or around £130-150 new.

No, Nikon (D3000) ...I should have probably mentioned that first - Whhops!

Still the same as what's been mentioned.

35 or 50mm prime.
The Tamron 17-50
Or if your budget is big then the Nikon 17-55mm, fantastic lens.
Or for a more of an all rounder the 18-200mm is pretty good.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
On the topic of teleconverters, I just bought a Canon 2x II Teleconverter on TP; I put a wanted thread up and got a response 10 minutes later, winner!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Been offered this for £180 - Good deal or better out there? Will all be in mint condition.

Nikon D3000 Digital SLR Camera
Nikon DX 18-55mm Lense
Nikon DX 55 - 200mm Lense
Camera Bag
Tripod
Few other bits and pieces
TheEvilGiraffe

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
It seems like an OK deal - i have no idea where a 3000 sits in the Nikon line up .. I think it's a base level thing ?

Either way - £50 a lense, £20 tripod and bag and you've got a bargain IMO.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
If there is, the theme I suggested when I won was black and white.
Easy theme to get things going again as the last few months the entries have been pretty low.

Swift Sport
Here's a question...

I've sold my DSLR and I'm now using a Canon SX50 bridge camera. I want to use the 1080p HD recording mode to make a BMX video, and I want to purchase a fisheye or wide angle lens adaptor.

Will all DSLR adaptors on eBay fit or will I need a specific type for my camera?

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Having a bit of a clear out and I still had these left over from my old Nikon gear, so these are up for grabs.

B+W 52mm 10-Stop ND filter - £20 inc. P&P (Good condition, great for long exposures, fits Nikon kit lens/any other 52mm thread)

14776755652_63101b3834.png

52mm B+W 10 Stop ND Filter - For Sale by Niall97, on Flickr

Tiffen 52mm 0.9 ND filter - £10 inc. P&P (The filter itself is in good condition, the box is a little worse for wear. As per the other filter, will fit Nikon kit lens/any 52mm thread)

14590394190_29fc080bb4.png

52mm Tiffen 0.9 ND Filter - For Sale by Niall97, on Flickr

Unbranded 52mm CPL Filter - £3.50 inc. P&P (on it’s own) or free with one/both of the other two. (Good condition, no case supplied when new, great for automotive photography)

14590461828_162ffde0b8.png

Unbranded 52mm CPL Filter - For Sale by Niall97, on Flickr

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I also have my primes up for sale. Both great lenses and in good condition.

Sigma 50mm F1.4:

Good condition, all the original packaging inc. the soft pouch, box, hood etc. I am the original owner, only bought it new last year. Focus is perfect straight out of the box on my 5D Mark II.

Looking for £225 inc RMSD, no movement as it’s in excellent condition, only a year old.

14635216160_3a51f35345.png
Sigma 50mm F1.4 - For Sale by Niall97, on Flickr

14819556834_51e330400a.png

14635267479_d8b1988016.png

Canon 85mm F1.8:

Good condition, has the original packaging, sharp and very pleasing results. Certainly a bargain lens for the price.

Looking for £225 inc. RMSD

14821568402_17331bce63.png
Canon 85mm F1.8 - For Sale by Niall97, on Flickr

14841763103_7ba739b158.png

14841767013_1cb3895a22.png

Cheers.

172 and vw passat
Im looking to sell my Nikon D90 (body only) for £300posted.

less than 5kshutter count mint condition. Pm me for info :)