ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phs 1 172 another idle issue

clio 172 phs1 turbo
Hi guys as above another idle issue. Had a look around the car and old treads but nothing quite the same as what im getting. Been doin it for a while every now and then like once a month it will idle high when hot or cold and will keep raising slowly then after a couple key on and offs the eml comes on with p0130 p0136 which I no is the upstream o2sensor. But when I clear the codes its fine runs idles drives perfect live data shows o2 switch loverly but then a month later same symptoms.

So to recap idles increases slowly to say 2500rpm then bounces between 2300-2500.
Key on off a few times get o2 sensor fault codes. Clear the code everything is sweet for another month then starts again.
Since fault started iv bought a new tb As was crapped up. New exhaust as had 3 holes. new Induction just for fun. new cambelt/dephaser etc. New coil pack leads and plugs.
Service. And a dyno run at 169.9 bhp the only thing it looked like was fuel leaned off after dephaser input at round 45-4800k but nothing scary or dangerous just slightly dropped towards lean. Im not just throwing money at it these are just things it need any way. its not causing any problems just wana no what it is. Any ideas where I should look from any 1s previous be fore I start strippping it.
Any help would be great thanks
Tom

clio 172 phs1 turbo
Yeah sorry was to put that in I bought a renault 1 bout 2 months ago and it is switch fine I think what is causing it to come on is in the engine and just confusing the o2 but switches ok when eml on
Thanks

clio 172 phs1 turbo
Whilst im here is theshift light (green gear stick on dash) is that ecu controlled or gearbox sensor triggered as mine stays on all thetime and gearbox oil is ok changed in last couple months and rechecked today
Many thanks tom

Dave LM

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Have you cleaned the Idle Control Valve? I was having a similar problem where once my car was warmed up, when at idle the revs would raise of their accord to 2-3K, switching on and off would then clear it. I took my ICV off and cleaned it with carb clean and it has been spot on since.

clio 172 phs1 turbo
Hey bud I have done all the normal checks like tb map iat icv sensors air leaks vac leaks cracked inlet havnt done compression test or injector flow rate yet but wouldnt think it would be something like that as it would all the time but its only like once amonth so its weird
Cheers