ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phs 1 Vs Phs 2 - Which is quickest

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Same as above!

Is there any difference in pace between a phase 1 and 2? I ask cus my mate is buying a phase 1 soon and says they are much quicker than my phase 2! Is this true cus im hopin not!

Should be Phase1, as Phase2 *should* be heavier.. has stuff in doors etc.. I think.. like, safety stuff.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Its just i think the phase 2 looks alot heavier and therefore slower!

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Phase 1 dont have airbag or side impact bars, therefore is marginally lighter, doubt youd notice any performance difference pitting a phase 1 against a phase 2 on the road.

early phase 1 had no cat, which could explain why your mate thinks they are quicker, although I am not sure that non cat ones were actually any better power wise, but they might be marginally, but basically same car

Basically the same car aside from some safety improvements so basically comes down to state of the car and the options and mods fitted....

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

LOL. The very early ones without cats made 140bhp and 121lbft. Compared to the later 137bhp and 119 lbft. But as people have said no difference in performance between phase I and IIs. But like any ageing car the state of the engine will determine wether its a quick one or not as they do tend to varry a bit.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Well my engine seems to be boomin at the mo so i aint gunna worry bout it!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Quote: Originally posted by cliosportcraig on 06 January 2004

TBH ph1s pi55 all over the ph2s !!! :devilish: (please dont flame me)
You wana race boy?? YOU + ME.... santa pod!!!

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Yeah phase Is rool! Ill race yer (p.s you havent had any engine work have you cus that would be cheating:oops:)