ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic of Clio MK2 Boot been sound deadened

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
p1010245.jpg

p1010244.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I cnat remember how many metres I did in the end, but think it would be over 100m. I also did the doors and rear 1/4s as well though

Clio
How much of a difference does it make to the sound? seems like quite alot of work striping the car to that stage.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine wasnt stripped to that stage for long, I took it to a run what ya brung day and did it for that.

It made a huge difference, was like having another sub nearly! Stopped a lot of teh vibrations you get from outside the car as well

Clio
haha ok cheers mate! gona strip minez asap now! lol..what stuff did you use? which stuff would you say works best?
Cheers.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I used flashing tape which you can get from builders companys, which is probably teh cheapest way to dit. Dynamat extreme is the best wasy imo and thats what Im saving up to do to my megane that Ive got now

Tangoed Works
I used dynamat in my old clio when I was running a 15" Square solobaric. Did the boot floor, wheel well, under rear seats and rear quarter. Made a massive difference. Felt more like being in a club as the pressure inside the car was increased.

Defo worth doing!

J

jamesy

koool you could have saved a lot of money by using the alternatives to dyna extreme however also are you damping that rear wiper motor they are a nightmare on mk2's;)

Mreg 1.8 16v naples red
where can i get * flashing tape * would halfords sell it ? do you think id still need to bother if im putting 12mm wood in the boot ( floor only )

GOLF GT TDI
here are some pictures of my sound deadning sorry i put the sub box back before i took the pictures so i got the best shot i could

P1000246.gif

P1000247.gif